2001 Civic and Opti-Coat 2.0

SATracker

Reaction score
Working on my daughter's 2001 Civic. In 2001 tt was a display model sitting outside that everyone "tried out", in the early years I just washed at the car wash (occasionally). I started cleaning it up a couple of years ago. This morning I took it over to Auto Concours in San Antonio and Ron Harris showed me how they apply Opti-Guard. Many thanks to Ron & the guys @ Auto Concours, who do phenomenal work. Pic 1) Picture taken at night in my garage, after final polish. I took it because I could see the reflections on various wall hangings. Pic 2) After Ron applied Opti-Coat 2.0.

The process I'm using on my daughter's 2001 Civic: Wash w/DP waterless wash, clay w/Pinnalce clay- ONR used as a clay lubricant, Megs 105 w/ LC orange pad, Menz Intensive polish w/ LC white pad, Menz 85 w/ LC maroon hydro-pad, 91% alcohol as LSP, Opti-Clear Coat. The plastic trim was treated with Black WOW Pre-cleaner & Restorer. Pics 1 is before, pic 2 is one I took this morning (the work was done last night).

No one would ever believe that paint is ten years old.

Thanks man. Her Civic spends most of the time outside.

Passenger side, same process as posted before. Pic 1- after washing w/ DP waterless, Pic 2- after Menz 85, Pic 3- after Opti-Seal. Thing I like about the last pic is that you can read the license plate on the Accord.

Got the front done. Pic 1- under the hood; Pic 2- before engine compartment cleaned; Pic 3- a little DP waterless & 303; Pic 4- engine compartment cleaned & Opti-Coat on the front bumper.

Finally finished. It's harder when it's 100 outside and just a few degrees cooler in the garage. Anyway, Pic 1- driver's side after Opti-Coat; Pic 2- Just a pic; Pic 3- I liked the reflection of my son's dog in the grass.

Back