What's SAFE on fresh paint?

san~man

Reaction score
I just got my car back from the bodyshop, and have some swirls I need to take out on a few panels that got fresh paint.

I currently have/use:
Menzerna PO85RD
Pin XMT 1,3
Jeff's Prime/Trigger
AIO/SG
Natty's Blue

Are any of those safe to use on the paint? I know I'm not supposed to wax, but once I remove the swirls (if it's ok that is), the paint won't be protected.

Halp :grouphug:

I would personally wait at least 30 days for the paint to cure before trying to remove the swirls. The XMT works good. I have never tried going from 3 to 1.

Gary Sword said:
I would personally wait at least 30 days for the paint to cure before trying to remove the swirls. The XMT works good. I have never tried going from 3 to 1.

I agree. At LEAST 30 days. No point in working on the "new" paint, as you can't seal or wax it.

-Nick :cheers:
5-Star Auto Detailing

What can I use then to protect the paint? It rains a lot here, and if nothing's on the paint I'm gonna get waterspots :(

Other polishes can get those out. Don't worry, trust us. If you cover the paint, then it cannot "breathe" and fully cure.

5-Star Auto Detailing

Thank you all. I guess I'll wait the 30 days and hope it doesn't rain much. If so, I'll try to wipe it down immediately.

Quick question though: my painter used some bluish type of 3M liquid on the car when it was finished to try and remove some scratches. Anyone know what that was?

nick19 said:
I agree. At LEAST 30 days. No point in working on the "new" paint, as you can't seal or wax it.

5-Star Auto Detailing

ME TOO..........AGREE......:)

You can use a glaze on fresh paint, Meguiars # 7, #80, and Deep Crystal #2 Polish. Mothers step 2 Sealer and Glaze , and 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.

I wouldnt tuch the pain with anything before 30-40 days after a paint jobb. im careful when i wash it too.

Back