How do you use D151???

Mobile detail

Reaction score
Seems like a great product and has a strong following on AG. I have it and have used it a few times but don't feel like I'm utilizing it to its fullest ability. For arguments sake, lets say we are doing One steppers on DD. What pads do you like to use? DA or Rotory? What make? How do you apply it? Do you apply like a polish then let it haze then wipe off (which is what I do by the way). I would just like to hear what others are doing and if they have any tricks using this product.

Thanks and I hope your having a great weekend!Im the MAN

Light to Medium defect correction

Flex 3401

• Lake Country CCS Yellow, Orange, and White foam pads
  • Speed 5 to 6
Heavy to Medium defect correction

Makita 9227

• Lake Country Kompressor pads; Purple, Yellow, and Orange, and White
  • Foam wool polishing pad
  • 1500 to 1800 RPM
I work the product onto the paint much like any polish. Work a 2 X 2 section at a time in a crisscross pattern. I apply the product to the pad then begin. I find this approach especially with the rotary slings allot less product everywhere.

Let haze then buff.

Since I had a new gallon of #151 I've used it as the follow-up to Meguiar's D300 in leau of buying a gallon of D301 just yet. (white CCS pad usually).

I prefer to use D151 and Opti-Seal a lot. Quick easy combo and the sealant in D151 makes OS glide on. Very quick and effective way to polish the paint.

I prefer to use D151 and Opti-Seal a lot. Quick easy combo and the sealant in D151 makes OS glide on. Very quick and effective way to polish the paint.

Thats actually a really smart tip. Have you had any problems with putting a sealant over a wax?

Won't using a rotary leave halo marks if this is a 1 step correction?

It depends on the user of the rotary...Some understand how to use it and others don't care...JMO...

The best finished cars I have ever seen were done with a rotary (not from me mind you). Those that are skilled with a rotary can produce perfection ...... :buffing:

Back