Sl 550

SeaJay's

Reaction score
Well it seems like awhile since I did my last write up, so this is the SL 550 I detailed this morning. I took advantage of the Father's day sale and got Fuzion which I have been itching to try for awhile. This car being a red made it a perfect candidate.

Products Used
OPC Diluted 3:1 and 5:1
Duragloss 901
Poorboys bug squash
CG Citrus Wheel cleaner
Super degreaser diluted 3:1
303 Aerospace
Leather Masters leather conditioner
Stoners Invisible Glass
ONR diluted to clay lube
DP Universal Clay
WG Fuzion
DP Plex-All
Folex diluted 3:1
WG Black Diamond Tire Gel

Equipment Used
3 - 5 gallon buckets
Cobra Chenille Wash Mitt
Pinnacle bug sponge
Various MFs
Various Brushes
Detail Stix
wet/dry vac
PC 7424 - to apply fuzion
Red LC CCS pad
Gaia - hot water extraction for the floor matts.
Pinnacle foam applicators

Car as I arrived
IMG_7144.jpg

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7143.jpg

IMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7147.jpg

This pic is behind the passenger seat. There is a little compartment there, this is the lid of that. Very dirty
IMG_7139.jpg

Drivers seat pretty dirty
IMG_7136.jpg

IMG_7135.jpg

Car is covered in swirls...apparently he was having another detailer maintain the cars but the guy no longer details...probably a good thing!
IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7149.jpg

And the afters
IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

Spot in the seat is a small tear. He's planning on having the seat replaced I believe.

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7157.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

And the outside...I must say that Fuzion really looks great on this color
IMG_7154.jpg

IMG_7156.jpg

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7160.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7162.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Good job! Looks like he has two more Mercedes' for you to detail. And you can use your silver HHR to show him what his silver paint can look like!

Mark

Jason - My chenille mitt has started coming apart inside, have you had any issues with this?

Nice work, Fuzion is a dream to work with isn't it?

Jason,

Did you do some correction, or just use the Fuzion?

nice

what's with the big sticker on the right side of the back?
Looks like an oversized keyhole

Good work Jason. Hope business is staying busy for you now that you have made the change.

That car would be fun to have on a maintenance plan.

Awesome work Jason! How's business?

Business is good right now. Been keeping busy M-F. I actually took last weekend off.

Jason - My chenille mitt has started coming apart inside, have you had any issues with this?

Nice work, Fuzion is a dream to work with isn't it?

Mine isn't falling apart on the inside, but the cuff is coming off. They certainly are not made that well.

Fuzion is awesome to work with. I didn't have any shade yesterday and I didn't know how Fuzion would work in the sun. Must say it was probably one of the easiest waxes I've used.

Jason,

Did you do some correction, or just use the Fuzion?

No correction just Fuzion. The guy is kind of on the cheaper side and wasn't interested in a correction. I did try to sell him on it. But to each his own. So, just a cleaning was in store.

nice

what's with the big sticker on the right side of the back?
Looks like an oversized keyhole

I is for Italian. The guy is full blown Italian right off the boat!

Good work Jason. Hope business is staying busy for you now that you have made the change.

That car would be fun to have on a maintenance plan.

Business is keeping me busy that's for sure. And I'm not complaining. But I would prefer more cash basis customers...everyone seems to be giving me checks or wanting to pay by credit card...

I talked to him about a maintenance plan and he said he'd think about it.

That is one sweet ride!!! It's ashame he is "swirl-blind"!!! I would have loved to seen a full correction on this then topped with the Fuzion. Most customers don't understand that paint clarity is the key. Nice job Jason!:props:

Back