introduced swirls

gibbsj87

Reaction score
I was detailing my car the other day and it was HOT. I have no place to do it where it's cool, so I just have to do it when I can. I try to do it at night; but it's still very warm...

Anyway, I didn't have any swirls in the paint, just a few superficial scratches. I decided to use a white LC pad on my 7424 with some Meg 205... I noticed after I did a few passes in my 2x2 section, very light swirls. These where not there before and I have tried everything to remove them. I tried a few more section passes to let the polish break down some more, and nothing... IDK if my LC pad it just old or bad. I cleaned it fairly well before I started.. I also tried some Pin XMT.. the Ultra Fine.. No luck. I also tried a green LC pad.

Are they pig tails? If so, some sort of dirt/debris got caught in your pad.

I was detailing my car the other day and it was HOT. I have no place to do it where it's cool, so I just have to do it when I can. I try to do it at night; but it's still very warm...

Anyway, I didn't have any swirls in the paint, just a few superficial scratches. I decided to use a white LC pad on my 7424 with some Meg 205... I noticed after I did a few passes in my 2x2 section, very light swirls. These where not there before and I have tried everything to remove them. I tried a few more section passes to let the polish break down some more, and nothing... IDK if my LC pad it just old or bad. I cleaned it fairly well before I started.. I also tried some Pin XMT.. the Ultra Fine.. No luck. I also tried a green LC pad.

m205 does not break down. also was the polish dried up??

also are you working clean IE Properly CLEANED Pads

Yeah, the pads where cleaned. No, there is no pigtails. The polish is fresh, not dried up.

Yeah, I primed the pad. I sprayed a little Pin spray detailer to moisten the pad, and then applied the 205, covering the entire pad initially.

Back