Next purchase...want to purchase!

turbos17

Reaction score
I am looking to make a purchase today before the football games today and I have a detail job to do before they start. :eek: So I was considering these three options-

-Poorboys SSR1, SSR2.5, and SSR3
-XMT Series #1-3
-Pinnacle Twins offer that is going on right now (what a super deal)

What would be the easiest to use, least dusting, etc? Remind you I have the PC and I have (1) white pads, (1) yellow pad, (1) blue pad, and NO orange pad. I am leaning towards the Pinnacle Twins offer because the of the freebies...it will give me a more of a complete beginners detailing set! Plus like I said I have "4" people lined up for a detailing. :eek: Opinions/advice from all you pros out there! Feed back please
Thanks guys! ;)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3771

The Poorboy's 3 is really compound territory. The 2.5 and 1.0 is all you would really need. The XMT 3 and 1 are great and dust next to nothing if anything at all. They have great cleaners in them too. I haven't used the Pinnacle twins, but if they bear the name Pinnacle, they have to be excellent. :)

I suggest you buy the XMT Series. Don't use the yellow pad unless the swirls are SEVERE. Try XMT #1 on the White pad first, if that doesnt do the trick, try XMT #3 on the white pad, then XMT # 1 on the blue pad. It's hard to think of a good combination to think of seeing as you dont have a good variety of pads.

Optimum compound/polish don't dust. They don't work well in the sun like XMT does though.

I would give Pinnacle twins a rty, since they are on sale.
After all, they carry Pinnacle name, they gotta be good.

Poorboys will dust more then XMT.

Thanks for the advice guys I went ahead with the Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover Complete Kit since it had more pads and a better bang for the buck! http://www.autogeek.net/pixmtinswrek.html
Thanks all for the help! Any suggestions or technique w/ these boys and the pads...you all are the experts! Feed back please :righton:

As an avid Poorboy user, I have found that the dusting was due to the overuse of the product. I followed Justin's advice and put a lot less on the pad. Worked just as good, and SO much less dusting.

Order will be here tomorrow! Thanks AG for the upgrade to "3-day" shipping! WOOT WOOT! Im the MAN :cheers:

Back