new car swirls

Liane

Reaction score
Have been reading up on members suggestions for swirls. I have a new black Honda (less than a month old) and have mild swirls in two places. I do not have a polisher and probably won't have one fro a while. I am new to the forum, stocking up on the best products, and it gets pricey. Maybe a PC for my birthday! I am a female (58 but strong). Is there a product that I should use just on the swirls? ? Or should I just wash, clay, seal, and polish, and wait to buy a polisher to tackle the swirls. Thanks, Liane

Hi Liane,
I am a noob as well. From everything I have read, I would get a PC right away. The difference that I have seen when used is amazing. I am no expert on most of this, but I would probably guess that a light polish would help remove the swirls. I am sure one of the pros will give you some guidance.

Thanks, I think you are probably right. I can't believe how addicting this is and I haven't even done my car yet. Am keeping it clean with a waterless (DP) wash. Have to get some rim wax as the wheels are just a mess after one day's use. i found that using a galss wax on the windows was a great improvement. I was getting waxy swirls that shone in the sun on my windshield until I did this.

If your looking for a PC, I would suggest trying to find one at your local lowes. Its the 7336sp and you can get them for a great price. If you cannot get them for cheap, I suggest getting one of the kits on autogeek. I would have gone the kit route but I found a PC 7336SP for $24. And don't worry, the 7336SP is the same as a 7424 just different counterweights.

Thanks. I checked it out online and will look around. I have a PC orbital sander but I don't think my car will like that! Looks like it will make all of my work easier and maybe I can also polish the refrigerator or something. Ya gotta have the right tools.

Liane said:
Thanks. I checked it out online and will look around. I have a PC orbital sander but I don't think my car will like that! Looks like it will make all of my work easier and maybe I can also polish the refrigerator or something. Ya gotta have the right tools.
What model number do you have?

I'm going to suggest a PC7424 right off the bat. You seem to actually care about the swirls on your new car and this just means you will become more and more concerned with its appearance, which is a VERY good thing. Whether it be for paint corrrection or just simple wax/seal application, the PC will make your life much easier.

A machine buffer is truly the only way to do defect correction. I did use a polishing pal once to see what it could do, but it can only remove the very lightest of swirls and it is extremely labor intensive to do it all by hand. The PC is a very user friendly polisher. It's dual action makes it virtually impossible to damage the paint. It is not a heavy machine so you really don't need to have alot of strenght to operate it. With yours being a black car you will be needing a polisher sooner or later, so my best advice to you is to save up until you can get one. I hope this helps. :)

I have an older model 333. It really is just for sanding. I refinished my interior stairs with it. My husband just came home for diner. I informed him that the experts on Autogeek tell me I need a PC 7424. I fed him a nice meal and it is a done deal. I earn my own money but for a good marriage we make decisions together. sort of.....Well, I'll tell you tomorrow that I ordered my PC. After all, my husband didn't have any problem when I bought my own personal chain saw so what's a little polisher!

Liane said:
I have an older model 333. It really is just for sanding. I refinished my interior stairs with it. My husband just came home for diner. I informed him that the experts on Autogeek tell me I need a PC 7424. I fed him a nice meal and it is a done deal. I earn my own money but for a good marriage we make decisions together. sort of.....Well, I'll tell you tomorrow that I ordered my PC. After all, my husband didn't have any problem when I bought my own personal chain saw so what's a little polisher!

Like I always say "Happy wife, happy life!"

My wife feeds me well and she always gets what she wants. :cheers:

You deff need to get a PC right away! hehe now we have you ;)

Liane said:
Have been reading up on members suggestions for swirls. I have a new black Honda (less than a month old) and have mild swirls in two places. I do not have a polisher and probably won't have one fro a while. I am new to the forum, stocking up on the best products, and it gets pricey. Maybe a PC for my birthday! I am a female (58 but strong). Is there a product that I should use just on the swirls? ? Or should I just wash, clay, seal, and polish, and wait to buy a polisher to tackle the swirls. Thanks, Liane

Hi there Liane, Welcome to AGO! :cheers:

Firstly, the steps to a detail are :

Wash, Clay, Polish, Seal, Wax, Maintain.

If you are looking at hiding your swirls until you get a PC7424, a good glaze will hide swirls, but seeing as you're getting a PC soon, get ready to remove them! May I ask what polishes and pads you bought?

6LS2

I bought DP four-in-one rinseless wash, Wolgang Deep Gloss Sealant, and Pinnacle Souveran Wax. Have foam aplicator for the wax, am waiting for my order of schMITT glove for washing and have an assortment of Cobra miro's, including the guzzler. also ordered clay to do after washing. I am going to also order wax for my rims and more micro towels. I wash them in cold water in Woolite and they come out perfect! I am ordering the PC 7424. since it is winter I will apply the above products and glide through until the warm weather. I think the WP sealant comes with an applicator.

Back