Megs Wheel Brightener Compared to a DEGREASER

bigaizsosexy

Reaction score
Now my question is pretty simple, would you consider Megs Wheel Brightener to be more like your store bought Degreaser (Simple Green, Purple Power)? Performance wise???

I've never really compared the two but I'd say it's close relative of Purple Power...

Simple Green's closer to orange juice.....:laughing:

Meg's WB contains "Ammonium Biflouride" aka Hydrofluoric Acid. This puts it in a completely different category than a degreaser like Simple Green or Purple Power.

Meg's WB contains "Ammonium Biflouride" aka Hydrofluoric Acid. This puts it in a completely different category than a degreaser like Simple Green or Purple Power.

Charlie,

What does Ammonium Biflouride actually do?

Bob,

See I would have thought the same......but I would like to know if it is a waste of money.

Charlie,

What does Ammonium Biflouride actually do?

The acid will eat through baked on brake dust and grime faster and in many cases more thoroughly than a degreaser will. For a really dirty neglected wheel especially (as long as it's not made of a material which would react badly to acid exposure), an acid based wheel cleaner can't be beat.

Bob,

See I would have thought the same......but I would like to know if it is a waste of money.

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener sells for $19.00 / gallon and recommended dilution is 4:1; 4 parts water to 1 part product so you really getting 4 gallons and that's $4.75 / gallon.

I have bought the Purple Power quite some time ago but I can't remember its cost.

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener can safely be used on all painted and clear coated wheels. I would not recommend using it on non-coated aluminum wheels.

Charlie,

Thank you for the fast and knowledgeable response. You have answered my question. Thanks again!!

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener sells for $19.00 / gallon and recommended dilution is 4:1; 4 parts water to 1 part product so you really getting 4 gallons and that's $4.75 / gallon.

I have bought the Purple Power quite some time ago but I can't remember its cost.

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener can safely be used on all painted and clear coated wheels. I would not recommend using it on non-coated aluminum wheels.

:iagree:

And in my experience you can use Wheel Brightener at a much weaker dilution and have it still remain effective. The bottle I reach for and keep on hand is at 10:1 -- that makes it even more cost effective. :props:

:iagree:

And in my experience you can use Wheel Brightener at a much weaker dilution and have it still remain effective. The bottle I reach for and keep on hand is at 10:1 -- that makes it even more cost effective. :props:

Holy Smokes!!

I've got to give this a try, thanks for the tip Charlie!! :dblthumb2:

WB is your big gun in your toolbox. It will not remove tar, but is very, very effective for brake dust.

Back