PDA

View Full Version : Sheepskin Wash Pad

Jenn1270
07-17-2011, 07:06 PM
I used my new Sheepskin Wash Pad, wool wash pad (http://www.autogeek.net/sheepskin-wash-pad.html) today with ONR on the pilot. I love it but it did get a bit dirty. I hit it with the hose and hung it up to dry. Are there any other things I need to do to keep it nice and plush?

Jenn

PA DETAILER
07-17-2011, 08:45 PM
when mine would get dirty, i would toss it in the washer. no problems. latley i have been using griots MF wash pad. i like them both.

Rei86
07-17-2011, 08:55 PM
All I did was rinse it with water till all the suds/dirt came off and dried on a grit guard.

Never got dirty even when I cleaned up a car that haven't been washed in threeish years.

But I'm going to go out on a limb that you could probably just machine wash it like a MF product with a free detergent and it would be fine.

maluminas
07-17-2011, 09:17 PM
In my experience ONR tends to make dirt stick to microfiber, almost like a stain, so that probably happened with your pad. I used OPC with ok results on dirt stained MF after using it with ONR, maybe you could try washing your pad with diluted APC.

I use a dedicated sponge with ONR since it gets stained.

Jimmie
07-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Hadn't seen this pad before. I like the looks of this for ONR. It just makes a lot of sense. Thank you for showing this.