Poorboys Bug Squash vs. OPC (and what dilution)

newb001

Reaction score
To help get bugs off of a car with Opti Coat, would you recommend the bug squash or the optimum power clean (I recently ordered OPC and am wondering if I should have ordered bug squash in addition)? Or, would neither be necessary as hopefully the oc would prevent them from sticking too badly?

If you would recommend bug squash or opc, what dilution would you use?

Lastly, and this is probably a dumb question, but I assume that the 17oz spray bottle of OPC (Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner 17 oz.) is not diluted? So if I wanted to dilute it at say 3:1, I would take a few ounces from the spray bottle and add it to an empty spray bottle with the appropriate amount of water? In other words, buying the 17oz size is the same as buying a gallon refill, just different sizes?

I haven't used OPC, but Poorboy's World Bug Squash is the best bug and tar remover I've ever used. I use it undiluted as a prewash and regardless of the amount of bugs or how long they've been on the surface, removal is a breeze.

I would try OPC first and see what happens. Most quality all purpose cleaners can cut bug gunk.

I haven't used Opti Coat, or OPC, but have used PB Bug Squash for years. I always have a bottle mixed at the weakest dilution rate suggested which is 3:1. It works well at that rate. What I've heard about Opti Coat that 3:1 should be perfect since I've read on here that the bugs almost slide off on their own.
Got a new 32oz of Bug Squash coming on the order that might get here today.

Big Squash at 3:1 is supposed to generally LSP safe. OPC at 3:1 will degrade or remove the LSP. I would do a good job as general cleaner. I just use BS since it is wax friendly and pre-mixed. If there was LSP-safe dilution mentioned, I could try that too.

OPC will strip waxes/sealants an 3:1 but does work well on bugs!

PB BS at 3:1 will NOT remove your LSP and works really well on bugs! Undiluted BS will remove your LSP!

OPC at 3:1 shouldn't affect Opti Coat though, correct? It would only strip 'regular' LSPs?

Back