PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Water Based Dressing vs. Meguiar's Hyper Dressing

00celica
07-21-2011, 05:51 PM
I am stuck between these two.

These two products sound very similair, however, what are the major differences (if there are any) between the two? From reading about these two products, Hyper Dressing would last longer as it can be diluted for controlling the sheen of the product and Water Based is use right out of the bottle or dilute at 1:1. Does anyone know how the Water Based compares in terms of durabiliy?

The Water Based is a few dollars cheaper, but would I actually be saving money if I use up the Water Based quicker than the Hyper Dressing.

Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

05xrunner
07-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I use the waterbased dressing..I LOVE the smell of it..I do the 1:1 dilution with it and i like the way it looks..now this is only used on my mustang and its a garage queen..the only time it ever sees water is when I am washing it..so i couldnt say how long its durability really is.

maximus20895
07-21-2011, 06:06 PM
I think very few people use the water based dressing. Hyper dressing is also water based since you can dilute it 1:1 to 4:1.

Hyper dressing is used more often and will last longer and is probably cheaper in the long run.

fredcandetail
07-21-2011, 06:10 PM
sorry 05xrunner but WBD sucks IMO ... HD is waaayyyyyyyyy better and you can achieve the 1:1 look with HD at 4:1 so there is really no need to have both products
I could get no adhesion to it on tires, on interior plastics it seemed to never absorb or penetrate and always stayed on the surface and was tacky, i complained to Megs and they didnt give a hoot so I made a video and sent it to them ... I took it my ranch and blew it up with XXX buckshot! I know a little extreme but the product was definitely a fail .. when you think about it there really is not "hole" to put it when HD is so versatile BUT hey my bad for buying it on a whim

ShineTimeDetail
07-21-2011, 06:15 PM
I use the water based diluted 1:1 but I add a little more dressing than half. Maybe I should try the hyper...although after just looking it is twice as much...

Are you looking for a tire dressing or interior dressing? Can you use hyper dressing on the interior?

00celica
07-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I use the water based diluted 1:1 but I add a little more dressing than half. Maybe I should try the hyper...although after just looking it is twice as much...

Are you looking for a tire dressing or interior dressing? Can you use hyper dressing on the interior?

I'm kind of looking for an all purpose dressing. Something to use on the interior (from my understanding it can be used for on interior surfaces), wheel wells and other exterior surfaces. I detail vehicles part time so I would be using it on client's vehicles as well, so I kind of want to minimize the amount of products used (although that's not really a big deal).

I definitely want to use it on my personal motor (2000 Celica GT) and my dash and interior surfaces are kind of flat and I think it would be nice to add just a little shine to those surfaces. I've used 303 Aeropsace Protectant and Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Protectant and neither of these added sheen to my surfaces.

ShineTimeDetail
07-21-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm kind of looking for an all purpose dressing. Something to use on the interior (from my understanding it can be used for on interior surfaces), wheel wells and other exterior surfaces. I detail vehicles part time so I would be using it on client's vehicles as well, so I kind of want to minimize the amount of products used (although that's not really a big deal).

I definitely want to use it on my personal motor (2000 Celica GT) and my dash and interior surfaces are kind of flat and I think it would be nice to add just a little shine to those surfaces. I've used 303 Aeropsace Protectant and Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Protectant and neither of these added sheen to my surfaces.

I use it on interiors and engine compartments. I think it looks great. I tried the tires once and I didn't like it.

maximus20895
07-21-2011, 06:37 PM

Yea, it's twice as much, but you use less product each time so it's actually less if you do that math.

Rsurfer
07-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Try Meg's Ultimate Protectant.

00celica
07-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Thank you everybody for your input!!

I use it on interiors and engine compartments. I think it looks great. I tried the tires once and I didn't like it.

Why didn't you like it on tires?

ShineTimeDetail
07-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Can this be used on interiors?

05xrunner
07-22-2011, 07:25 AM
sorry 05xrunner but WBD sucks IMO ... HD is waaayyyyyyyyy better and you can achieve the 1:1 look with HD at 4:1 so there is really no need to have both products
I could get no adhesion to it on tires, on interior plastics it seemed to never absorb or penetrate and always stayed on the surface and was tacky, i complained to Megs and they didnt give a hoot so I made a video and sent it to them ... I took it my ranch and blew it up with XXX buckshot! I know a little extreme but the product was definitely a fail .. when you think about it there really is not "hole" to put it when HD is so versatile BUT hey my bad for buying it on a whim
Great for you but it works perfectly fine for me and dont plan on changing it. I have never used it on tires and have no intention to..its only for wheel wells and otibond is used for my tires. So enjoy taking your stuff and shooting it..i will keep on using mine