amazing roll off vs. sonax vs. simple green for wheels?

Reaction score
Have been using simple green only b/c I ran out of otc megs all wheel cleaner, and am not planning on buying that again b/c it was only mediocre...wanted to see what you guys used for wheel cleaning/ what you think the best cleaner is ( I can use simple green or wash soap for fairly new wheels but I need something for neglected wheels of Daily drivers that have never been washed....you know, the kind where there's a film of dark brown sludge in the wheel. I was looking at ARO, Sonax, or OPC. Thanks!

I use eagle one A2Z. Works great for wheels and tires.

I used to use simple green exlusively but decided to start using A2Z because it cleaned the tires better.

SG is great though cause it lasts forever. A2Z last maybe 6-10 washes?

The only one of those I have experience with is ARO. IT is ok, but, I was not as impressed with it as the reviews would suggest. I just could not seem to get the dirt off my chrome wheels on my Expedition.

As a tire cleaner, griots rubber cleaner spanks it hands down. I was washing my neglected DD truck last night. The ARO did not get the raised white letters clean enough. I followed with Griots rubber cleaner and they cleaned very easily.

I like both of the griots garage wheel cleaners. The standard does real well with "clean" wheels and the heavy duty does great with severly soiled wheels.

:iagree:Same situation. Love the spanking anology...never thot of it quite like that, but he's right. The Griots HD works great with really soiled wheels, regular WCleaner for maintained wheels and barrels. :props:

I use ARO for tires; undercarriage. Not a lot for wheels, but sometimes.
I would like to report a new find that has me excited about cleaning my chrome wheels again. It's Griots Chrome Wheel Cleaner. They've never wiped cleaner (hard to explain, but zero H2O spotting, and H2O comes off quicly) with some shine left behind. Wish I would have discovered this cleaner years ago.

I haven't used amazing roll off so I can't comment on it. I've used Sonax, Simple Green, Griots normal strength, and Eagle One A2Z.

I don't think simple green was all that great even at full strength. I want overly impressed with Griots but it worked fine. I love Eagle One A2Z and it does an amazing job cleaning tires too. So far I like Sonax a lot but ive only used it twice. The color change is pretty cool to see and it cleaned up the wheels without much effort. It wouldn't hurt if it smelled better though

I use Sonax on wheels.

And Amazing Roll Off on the tires.

Just re-read the WB info more closely....not for anodized or polished aluminum wheels... I may wind up picking up some of both products...

Also, sorry to add something else but I just had a realization...can't you use regular wax/sealant (ie collinite, nxt) on wheels? why buy a wheel wax?

I've tried Megs, DP, Simple Green, Zep, APC and Griot's HD. Of them all, the Griot's gives the best results simply dissolving road crud and brake dust, rinses clean and you use very little.

Back