PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Wax Spray???????

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
01-31-2007, 06:00 PM
What is this stuff and why soooooo popular??/ is it a wax?? QDer???
i cant find this black bottle anywhere locally......guess ill have to have it shipped as a last resort if i decide on it......Feed back please please.....:o

Al-53
01-31-2007, 06:10 PM
It is a spray sealant...no cleaning abilities....best to use on a dry surface ..and a little goes a long ways..do not over spray a panel..just one spray to a panel...

try Carquest if you are looking local for it....the duragloss site has a locator page to show which auto parts store sell it

Al

BILL
01-31-2007, 06:13 PM
It is a spray sealant...no cleaning abilities....best to use on a dry surface ..and a little goes a long ways..do not over spray a panel..just one spray to a panel...

try Carquest if you are looking local for it....the duragloss site has a locator page to show which auto parts store sell it

Al

thanks,,,,,,,,what about the 921 detail spray......better as a QDer???

ltoman
01-31-2007, 06:15 PM
If you google duragloss, their website has a list of places that carry it, if they hap to be near you; none are near me.

I use this between waxings after I have washed the car. It can be applied to a wet surface, and that is what I do. It adds lustre and it beaded up beautifully in the rain yesterday . . . helps to extend your wax.

If you have a heavy hand, like me, it can smear a bit as you put it on, but just put less, and even so, it dries nicely on a waxed surface.

Hope this helps!
Lauren:cheers:

BILL
01-31-2007, 06:19 PM
If you google duragloss, their website has a list of places that carry it, if they hap to be near you; none are near me.

I use this between wasings after I have washed the car. It can be applied to a wet surface, and that is what I do. It adds lustre and it beaded up beautifully in the rain yesterday . . . helps to extend your wax.

If you have a heavy hand, like me, it can smear a bit as you put it on, but just put less, and even so, it dries nicely on a waxed surface.

Hope this helps!

you mean the WAX OR THE 921???

abrcrombe
01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
I went looking for some today. I tried Napa, the guy never even heard of the brand. Carquest had AW, the soap, and I also got some 101 AIO type thing. Can't wait to try it out!

Truls
01-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Popular because its one of the fastest ways to get your car in a show room look. it have some protection and is slick and glossy. works great with the DG 101 and 105

Spray on, wipe off, done.

921 IS A QuikDetailer. Never tryed it myself, but nothing from DuraGloss have let me down yet, so its probably good.

ltoman
01-31-2007, 06:29 PM
you mean the WAX OR THE 921???

I don't know the number offhand - it is the Dura Gloss Aqua Wax, in the spray bottle.

According to the directions, it is perfectly fine to use it that way.

I have never ordered nor tried DG's wax.

Did I mess up somewhere, again? If so please enlighten me . . . (I hate feeling like the forum/village idiot!!)
HEE HEE
lol
Thank you, Bill!
Blessings,
Lauren T.:o :o

ltoman
01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
thanks,,,,,,,,what about the 921 detail spray......better as a QDer???

I have the 921 also but have not yet used it. Some people mix it with AW. I heard they like it. I have yet to see, so I can't really help you there. I would bet it is good - all their products I have tried thus far are keepers.

Blessings,

ScottB
01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
I would have hoped our senior forum members would have suggested getting it at AG and shipped home. No need running around town and finding none or empty shelves. Time Mgmt...

As for AW, it is a qd'er+ in my book. Its protection is very limited, and similar to Crystal Mist. I do find the 921 easier to use as does not streak on dark cars. Quikshine, Fk425, and even Poorboys Spray/Gloss would be nice substitutes.

Al-53
01-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Bill...921 is a QD product..it has a cleaner in it...but also has some AW in it ...

921 will clean bugs..bird bombs..finger prints..lite dust...it is sorta like PB's S&W but with added protection...S&W is better as a waterless wash than 921..but does not have the slickness and gloss as 921..both good products

Here is what I do..I bought a 16 oz sprayer...I put 3 ozs of AW and rest 921 in it...it makes a very durable Qd then for in between washes....has more zump than just straight 921...

both AW and 921 work best on a dry surface....use 1 MF to wipe it in..one to wipe it off...

1 spray per panel..do not soak panels..spray in a sweeping motion to cover a larger area....

921 works well between washes to clean the surface till it is dirty enough to wash...

AW is best used after a wash and dry...I use AW about every 6 weeks....it does last long on the paint...Some on topia have been using it as a LSP and have had good results doing this...lots of Zaino users are using it instead of Z-8 since it is cheaper and lasts longer

I think AG should have a DG kit...101...105...921...901 and 951....with this set up you will have a complete shine system....and you can top it with a wax and use AW over the wax to give the warm wax look
Al

ltoman
01-31-2007, 06:36 PM
[quote=killrwheels@autogeek]I would have hoped our senior forum members would have suggested getting it at AG and shipped home. No need running around town and finding none or empty shelves. Time Mgmt...

[quote]

(Well, if it makes you feel any better at all, our stores in our area carry nothing but Meg's - very very limited and Mother's - NOTHING else from this sight, so all my $$ goes to AG. So I am most happy to see a sale. I won't drive around getting my 12.7 mph looking for something AZ and Kragen just do not stock!
SORRY!)
So, Bill, order from AG. You will like it, and they would even take it back!! (Not that you will want to send it.) stock up the sales end tonight!
Lauren:)

Surfer
01-31-2007, 06:37 PM
AW was good good for me as far as durability, when I stripped the Lincoln down it went about a month and a half with beading on one layer, so it deffinitley last longer then CM, QS etc. I used it on my bumper 2 months ago and their still beading (my bumper is painted). I just used it over my Natty's Blue after stripping down so I'll have pics this weekend if it's nice out.

DG 921 is a great qd'er, I haven't used my S&G or QS in over a month (still great products), I've been using it more and more. And I love the smell, both have a resemblance to Bacardi lol, even though I don't like liquor.

AG carries it though, I orginally got my DG stuff from a small Carquest store near me, and my last order I grabbed some more products as AG was cheeaper then the stores, and ordering some other stuff with the discount worked out better. Plus AG has fresh supply, some of the stores that carry DG have products that could be old or sat for a long time. Order from AG!

BILL
01-31-2007, 06:38 PM
I would have hoped our senior forum members would have suggested getting it at AG and shipped home. No need running around town and finding none or empty shelves. Time Mgmt...

As for AW, it is a qd'er+ in my book. Its protection is very limited, and similar to Crystal Mist. I do find the 921 easier to use as does not streak on dark cars. Quikshine, Fk425, and even Poorboys Spray/Gloss would be nice substitutes.

If i can get it locally why pay for shipping its always about the bottom line.
the almighty buck.$$$$$.........this senior member has spent many bucks at A/G/;)

Truls
01-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Yes me to killr, i just forgott about it. Sorry.....

And Bill, get the DuraGloss 101 wet look in the same order as the AW, and you get the glossyest car in your street (town). i have to wear sunglases when i wash my car after aplying the DG 101 and AW combo.