Most time efficient way to clean mud from vinyl or carpeting?

ShineTimeDetail

Reaction score
So I have some construction trucks I gotta do tomorrow and they have lots of mud in them. They are F250's with vinyl floors. What's the most time efficient way to get these truck clean? I have 13 to do and would like to do them done on 1 day.

Also while we are on this subject what do you guys do for muddy carpets?

Sweep whatever loose debris you can to start then pre treat with an APC of your choice followed by a GOOD soak and scrub with soap and water, vac up whatever water is left. I use a very similar method on muddy carpets...

Sweep loose debree.
Agitate with a stiff briste brush and sweep again.
Apply Meguire's #39 Heavy Duty Vynil Cleaner (soak em') agitate.
If need be, but I doubt it, apply #39 again and wipe clean.

Works great!!!

Sweep whatever loose debris you can to start then pre treat with an APC of your choice followed by a GOOD soak and scrub with soap and water, vac up whatever water is left. I use a very similar method on muddy carpets...

That's what I was planning.

If I use a hose will it drain out somewhere?

That's what I was planning.

If I use a hose will it drain out somewhere?

Some water will be trapped by the sills, but can easily be dried with a shop vac and then further with some compressed air and a towel.

Some water will be trapped by the sills, but can easily be dried with a shop vac and then further with some compressed air and a towel.

watch that the air doesnt blow little mud spots everywhere , it'll make double the work for you .
i like to brush and vac what you can off , spray autosmart G101 let sit for a couple of min's , then get the 'drill brush' ontop it , extract what you can off , then spray G101 again and with a damp rag/cloth remove whats left .... very rarely do you haveto soak carpet/vinyl ..... its takes #### loads longer to dry to , which wont help you if you are wanting to finish and deliver all 13 trucks :)

A good soap, water and some junk rags will do wonders. Hot water BTW.

Back