Disappointing weekend...

alko

Reaction score
I was excited to try out my new products on my pop's car this weekend. The plan was to try out the products and then next weekend use them on a customers car. I have to say this weekend was a bust. I started off Saturday morning running around town trying to pick up a few things: target for MF towels and BJ's for terry towels since they had them in bulk (which, btw, puts ALOT of lint on pads when cleaning pads on the fly). I washed the car, only to have it rain as soon as I was done.

After drying the car, I clayed and then started machine polishing the hood with Optimum Poli Seal with a tangerine LC hydro pad, using my PC7424XP. I've read that this combo works great! It didn't do so good for me :( The paint didn't have bad swirls at all...very light at the least. This combo seemed to have no affect at all. I was frustrated at this point, so I gave up for the night and decided to search the forum for others experience with this combo. Alot of people say these two works great together. Some say it didn't have any cut.

I tried to give this combo another shot. Same results. I then switch to a white LC CCS pad and it cut just a tad bit better, but I could still see swirls. I gave up before I gumed my pads up too much. I was using speed 5 with 3 pea size amount of product, with between 6-8 passes. I was almost afraid of dry buffing, but everyone who has used this stuff says to put it on thin. I decided to put some Collinite 915 on the hood, just to test the application and removal. I spread this product on very thin as well and didn't have any problems wiping off.

Well...I can say I'm disappointed at the least. I was expecting alittle better results with the Poli-Seal. I wasn't expecting the same results I got with my 4 stage polish on my Acura, but I was expecting the same results as those who have used this combo, and who has also posted pics on their results.

Any suggestions?

On another note, I have discovered that I like country music......wwwwoooaaahhhhh!!! Its surprising because I mainly listen to hip-hop, r&b, and jazz. I can definitely say that I now like all genre's of music, including country and classical music.

I had a wonderful weekend. Sorry to hear of your misfortune

Flash

PS...If I were to guess what went wrong, it would be the music ;)

In the past, I'd change it as soon as I heard some country music. What made me get this album was my friend Cindy who just passed. I played a few songs off of her iPod at her memorial service, so I decided to get those same songs, kinda like for a rememberance of her...you dig?

In the past, I'd change it as soon as I heard some country music. What made me get this album was my friend Cindy who just passed. I played a few songs off of her iPod at her memorial service, so I decided to get those same songs, kinda like for a rememberance of her...you dig?

Understood, and I can really appreciate that, but when your polishing paint, your focus should be on that only. When your done, slip in a CD and go for a nice long drive

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. The Chrysler paint can be some of the hardest paint to correct. I haven't had any luck with those polish with sealant type products on Chrysler paints. I'd suggest a non diminishing polish such as M-205 for light swirls on Chrysler paint.

Understood, and I can really appreciate that, but when your polishing paint, your focus should be on that only. When your done, slip in a CD and go for a nice long drive

I had Sirius playing while polishing...can't really hear it while the PC is running.

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. The Chrysler paint can be some of the hardest paint to correct. I haven't had any luck with those polish with sealant type products on Chrysler paints. I'd suggest a non diminishing polish such as M-205 for light swirls on Chrysler paint.

Thank you sir...I appreciate you kind words.

What pad should I use with the M-205?

I was just sitting here thinking that the paint seemed kinda hard. HHHHMMMM....perhaps the upcoming Meg's MF DA correction system will do the trick. I am giving the Poli Seal another shot this weekend. My customer has a new VW. Not sure what model. Any experience with that paint?

I had Sirius playing while polishing...can't really hear it while the PC is running.

Understood ^

Try working in smaller areas and apply more force. If that doesn't work, get some 105

Understood ^

Try working in smaller areas and apply more force. If that doesn't work, get some 105

Yeah I tried that as well. I think Dave is right...I probably need to get a more agressive pad and polish combo.

I feel your pain Alex....well at least with the rain. I detailed my cube today and right after I buffed the last bit of wax off the skies opened up. It sucked! As for the combo, I've had pretty good luck with poliseal on a tangerine pad, but I've only really used it on super soft honda paint.

My weekend just went from wonderful to sucking. My dog just chipped a tooth on a popcycle stick...now what am I suppose to do?!?!?!?

I just used Poli Seal on a white pad on my Wrangler. It wasn't too swirled out and I was using a Flex PE but the finish came out amazing. I have used this combo (poli seal and white CCS) with the PC on other cars and equally happy with the results. Sorry you didn't have success.

Thank you sir...I appreciate you kind words.

What pad should I use with the M-205?

I was just sitting here thinking that the paint seemed kinda hard. HHHHMMMM....perhaps the upcoming Meg's MF DA correction system will do the trick. I am giving the Poli Seal another shot this weekend. My customer has a new VW. Not sure what model. Any experience with that paint?
poli-seal + orange pad-----M-205 + white or orange pad. The MF system will correct it for sure.

The VW is likely high solids paint which will be very hard. Test section, least aggressive method first will tell the story though.

You can try and step up to a more aggressive pad...It helps if you add a lite spray of DG #951 on your pad...About any detail spray will work...

I blame this thread for messing up my mojo I had going. This chipped tooth is going to cost a fortune

Back