need some help with posting pics

dwengier77

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of threads on this some where but i having some difficulties finding the info i need. I need to re-size the pics and am having trouble. Please be kind and direct me to the right info thanks:dblthumb2:

do you have photobucket, if not you can make a free account there. Then you choose a photo you want to upload,once you upload the photo click on edit and click resize to your size of your choice. Hope this help lol

I know there are a lot of threads on this some where but i having some difficulties finding the info i need. I need to re-size the pics and am having trouble. Please be kind and direct me to the right info thanks:dblthumb2:

The links can be found in my article list towards the bottom.

The link to my article list is in my Signature Line at the bottom of all my posts.

:)

do you have photobucket, if not you can make a free account there. Then you choose a photo you want to upload,once you upload the photo click on edit and click resize to your size of your choice. Hope this help lol

And be sure to sign up for the paid-for, Pro Account so you don't run out of room with the free account and then start deleting your old pictures to free up space for new pictures, which then turns all the old pictures you post all over the Internet into red x's.

Like this,

38282.jpg
38282.jpg
38282.jpg
38282.jpg
38282.jpg

Here's an article on getting the free account and getting the Pro account...

Photobucket and Missing Pictures

It's not that hard to upload your pictures to the AG Gallery. I do this stuff on the fly all day long...

Photography and Working with Pictures on the Internet

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery - Using Easy Thumbnails

Handiest little picture viewer tool I've been using for years now...

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

How-To capture swirls, scratches, etchings and other surface defects with your camera

How to crop out the fluff and resize your pictures! - Using FREE online software!

:Picture:

thanks guys... i really appreciate the help.
Some write ups w/ pics coming soon thanks to mike and the rest of you

The biggest obstacle most people have is cropping their photos and then resizing them.

In order to crop your photo, that means cut out just the important part and getting rid of the fluff, like grass, pavement or blue sky surrounding your "object" so that the majority of the picture is the object. The fluff surrounding your photo just takes up precious space.

I'm lucky in that my Canon camera came with a free version of Elements, which as near as I can tell is a cut down version of PhotoShop. I mostly use it to crop photos, especially if it's before and after shots.

Last I checked the paid for version was around $80.00, and the full PhotoShop software is even more. Because for most people they don't "need" software to crop photos most people don't have something like Elements or PhotoShop.

There are other photo software programs and some are even free, I think Gimp is one example but I don't know how to use it. If you need a program to crop photos I'm sure with a little Googling you can find one.

I included the link to a place you can crop photos online for free in one of my articles, this one,

How to crop out the fluff and resize your pictures! - Using FREE online software!

Next you need to resize your photo because it's bad netiquette to post photos that force your reader to have to horizontal scroll. I outline why in my resizing article using Easy Thumbnails.

My personal preference and recommendation is to resize photos to a max of 800 pixels wide before uploading. I know others will post larger photos but anything larger and too many people will have to horizontal scroll. I usually just click away as I won't hassle with oversize photos.

I've been using Easy Thumbnails for resizing for probably 7-8 years, it's free and works excellent.

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery - Using Easy Thumbnails

If you don't have any software to crop our photos you can always do these two things,

1. Frame up your photo so that what's mostly in the picture is the object.

2. Just resize what you have and don't worry about cropping.

If you're the kind of person that's going to be interacting with forums for the long run, whether car detailing or some other hobby or profession, then in my opinion it's going to help you to invest some time into learning how to work with photos on the Internet. That includes,

• Cropping
  • Resizing
  • Uploading
  • Inserting

Attaching a photo is lame but I understand why people use that option.

For what it's worth...

:)

i downloaded the ez thumb software and it really rocks!!!
ThanksMike this should make thing really easy becuase i am not a pro with this tech stuff but i can cook up a storm and i am learning todetail like a respectable detailer thanks to you guys

Back