Oh no!!

jbone

Reaction score
A terrible thought just crossed my mind. Simple Yes or No will do

Can I wash my body rags, interior rags and wheel rags in the same washer load?

Yes..

Personally I like to prewash them all together in a pail of hot water and detergent. Once they've soaked for a hour or so in the washer they go with the right amount of detergent. Some like to toss in a little white vinegar in the rinse as it's reported so soften them up a bit..

:welcome: To Autogeek Online!

What about OxyClean? Any body uses it when washing rags or even MF towels??

Whoa, that was close!

Yeah, vinegar, I can see that working.
Presoak. Nice.

thanks

I presoak my microfiber toweling in a solution of Zep Citrus cleaner and hot water, then toss them into the washing machine.

I wash keep the ones I use for polishing and wax/sealant removal separately. As my microfibers get old, I relegate the older ones for "grunge work"...

I also presoak my compounding, polishing and waxing pads in Zep and hot water.

What about OxyClean? Any body uses it when washing rags or even MF towels??

I've been using an oxygen product as a pre-soak on all my MF's and pads, both foam and wool. I can't get over how dirty the water gets! More often than not, I'll just rinse them out and put them back into service without ever firing up the washer.

Bill

I presoak my microfiber toweling in a solution of Zep Citrus cleaner and hot water, then toss them into the washing machine.

I wash keep the ones I use for polishing and wax/sealant removal separately. As my microfibers get old, I relegate the older ones for "grunge work"...

Interested in knowing what your solution ratio is and how long of a pre-soak?

I do everything but wheel rags together. They may have metal particles on them from the brakes/rotors.

< Oddball here

I wash all my towels sepretately (windows, body, interior, grunts) takes me forever to care for these things. Funny thing is with my clothes, I just toss them in altogether and walk away

I wash everything all in one load. Rarely do I separate.

No marring or anything, so Im sure its fine.

Since I do the two bucket method. What I do is dump all the towels I used in the clean water bucket and fill it with more water and the reaming soap suds up and thats my pre-rinse. Ill soak them for 24-48 hours till I get around to wash and I then scrub the filthy ones on the grit guard and most all the loose contaminents will get pulled off.

Then into the wash they all go.

I wash everything all in one load. Rarely do I separate.

No marring or anything, so Im sure its fine.

Since I do the two bucket method. What I do is dump all the towels I used in the clean water bucket and fill it with more water and the reaming soap suds up and thats my pre-rinse. Ill soak them for 24-48 hours till I get around to wash and I then scrub the filthy ones on the grit guard and most all the loose contaminents will get pulled off.

Then into the wash they all go.

I like your system. I guess you can throw in some degreaser if they are especially grungy

+1 on the Zep.

We dropped $2k on this combo. If they can't get the towels clean when they're all together, I'd be ticked! And my wife probably wouldn't let me wash my towels in "her" washing machine any longer. :laughing:

IMG_3332.jpg

just looking at that washer dryer set and wondering what detailing products you'll be using to keep them looking new.

LOL! They tend to attract dust as it is, or I'd consider waxing the painted surfaces. So far the only exterior cleaning has been with stainless steel cleaner and glass cleaner. Maybe I'll break out the P21S polishing soap and shine up the stainless. :xyxthumbs:

We dropped $2k on this combo. If they can't get the towels clean when they're all together, I'd be ticked! And my wife probably wouldn't let me wash my towels in "her" washing machine any longer. :laughing:

IMG_3332.jpg

Just have to ask if the blue box in the reflection is one of those robotic litter boxes?

btw a "guess what's in the reflection" would be a good thread. I've got a couple ideas. Hmmm, Mona Lisa, my cat with sunglasses, steam rising from a coffe cup (with the quality of the detail jobs I've seen on this site you could probably even guess Swiss water processed Mexican shade grown decaf)!

Back