sitting or bending????????

BILL

Reaction score
Burning question:::
When you pro's and weekenders P.C. or rotary your work do you sit for the side work or bend like me??????? if you sit??? what do you use??? a small rolling seat with wheels??

ive been looking around and cant find a folding seat with or with out wheels....... Feed back please

I am lazy I sit on my wash bucket and roll around the vehicle!

For lower body panels I have a rubber mat that I cover with a beach towel so I can sit down and run the polisher in total comfort and just concentrate on one area at a time.

Bending over and trying to polish lower parts of the car causes my lower back to tighten up.

I have a small stool with wheels and a shelf beneath the seat. Soon to be 58 years years old, my long term bending days are over and the seat is a must. Actually I have two, one on each side of the car. Age, excess pork, and some slipped dics have made the stools a Godsend.

Last edited:
RTexasF said:
I have a small stool with wheels and a shelf beneath the seat. Soon to be 58 years years old, my long term bending days are over and the seat is a must. Actually I have two, one on each side of the car.

Color me comfortable. I have one just like it from PEP BOYS for under $40. As I am only 53 I can still push mine all the way around the car, My day is coming though. I am 6'4" and do have to admit the lower panels do not always get the attention they deserve. I might have to figure out how to motorize a creeper. Would I have to wear a helmet here in California?

I'm stupid, I just "squat" the whole time. My leg are killing me by the time i'm done.

JSR said:
Color me comfortable. I have one just like it from PEP BOYS for under $40. As I am only 53 I can still push mine all the way around the car, My day is coming though. I am 6'4" and do have to admit the lower panels do not always get the attention they deserve. I might have to figure out how to motorize a creeper. Would I have to wear a helmet here in California?

Nah, but it will have to pass emissions:D

I always sit down. It's to hard on your back not to. If I'm doing a low car like a sports car I use a creeper like below. It's big enough to have your supplies on it and roll along as you go.
36961.gif

If I doing something up high like a truck I use and old chair on rollers.

Last edited:
JSR said:
A motorized creeper, lol. Made me think of those guys with motorized barstools. Those barstool races are too funny. Maybe we can add creeper races to the events at Detail Fest. j/k

I use a little folding stool but i want to get something with some wheels

AL417 said:
A motorized creeper, lol. Made me think of those guys with motorized barstools. Those barstool races are too funny. Maybe we can add creeper races to the events at Detail Fest. j/k

A true SOAPBOX DERBY!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

or in tribute to our frozen compatriots
OCD Olympics version of the LUGE
How many OCDer's can you get on a creeper for the BOBSLED

Sorry, I forgot! Detail Fest is in Florida. I am not sure if there are any inclines there.
icon11.gif

Gary Sword said:
I always sit down. It's to hard on your back not to. If I'm doing a low car like a sports car I use a creeper like below. It's big enough to have your supplies on it and roll along as you go.
36961.gif

If I doing something up high like a truck I use and old chair on rollers.
Haha, that's what I use on our cars, creeper for cars, rolling chair for our trucks. I can't sit there and bend, I hurt my back bad years ago so I still have issues once in awhile, chair/creeper makes it so much easier and less painful.

AL417 said:
My buddy got his dad a motorized beer cooler for x-mas, thing goes like 15 mph LOL.

I hire an [SIZE=-1]umpa-lumpa[/SIZE] to get the lower panels

Mike T said:
I'm stupid, I just "squat" the whole time. My leg are killing me by the time i'm done.

ouch! you need to find a better way.

Surfer said:
Haha, that's what I use on our cars, creeper for cars, rolling chair for our trucks. I can't sit there and bend, I hurt my back bad years ago so I still have issues once in awhile, chair/creeper makes it so much easier and less painful.

My buddy got his dad a motorized beer cooler for x-mas, thing goes like 15 mph LOL.

I NEED a link or pics or something of this.

Back