How to remove tough stains on cloth seats? Please help

artofdetailing

Reaction score
I lent my car to some friends for the weekend and every seat in the car has stains on it including gum!! the other stains look like they left oily food sitting on the seats! Please help!

Are the seats fabric or leather? If fabric, OPC and a steamer are your best best for the stains. If leather, OPC and gentle brush. As far as gum is concerned, I haven't tried the steamer on gum but it works great on pop tart welded into carpet. If you Google removing gum from fabric or leather, you should get a bunch of suggestions. And yes, peanut butter will be mentioned.

Can't stand people who don't respect other peoples belongings. I've seen alot of ppl posting about folex. Does it have a strong smell to it? I currently use "heavy duty interior cleaner" from the local PRO distributor and it has a pretty strong smell so I'm looking for something else to use

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where are you located? FOLEX works wonders. I use a steamer along with megs APC or folex for heavier stains. now, by hand, GOOD LUCK

I love folex! It's effin' magic man.

I spray it on floor mats and use my PC with a brush attachment and it does incredible things. It's great fol all over the interior

Here is a 50/50 of a mat I did last week

I lent my car to some friends for the weekend and every seat in the car has stains on it including gum!! the other stains look like they left oily food sitting on the seats! Please help!

Pull the seats out. Use 3M Adhesive Remover to remove gum first. Then treat the seats with an APC and let dwell 15-20 minutes, quickly rinse (just enough to gather suds) then scrub like a mad man. After this, blast them with a pressure washer for about 15 minutes each (or untill you see the brown funk quit running out) then set them in the Sun to dry

Does the car have airbags in the seats?

I too, suggest folex and APC, both have worked great for me.
Btw, That 50/50 looks awesome my man

Can't stand people who don't respect other peoples belongings. I've seen alot of ppl posting about folex. Does it have a strong smell to it? I currently use "heavy duty interior cleaner" from the local PRO distributor and it has a pretty strong smell so I'm looking for something else to use

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folex has no scent

OP, you can pick up Folex from Home Depot in 36oz or 128oz bottles.

simple green works fine also / I don't know if you have some like an spotter machine / or even better a Portable Carpet extractor

the stain will always come back later on if you only use / the cleaner. brush, and vaccum.
you need extraction / anything you use need's to come out. the best choice is rinsing it with a spotter machine or a Portable
Hott water is the best / for rinsing

everybody says Folex / i say simple green also. and many more out there.
the method how you do it / is the key also!!!

hope my advice help's you

Back