PDA

View Full Version : Paint Coating Durability Shootout Recommendations

David Fermani
08-26-2011, 04:31 PM
I’ll be picking up my new company car (2011 Fusion – white) and wanted to experiment with a coating durability shootout. So far, I’ve had excellent results with Optimum Opti-Coat: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/22836-optimum-opti-coating-durability-test-review.html (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/22836-optimum-opti-coating-durability-test-review.html)

I’m about to finalize this review, but in the meantime would like to prepare for the next one to come. What coatings are available that would be a good comparison to OC? I have the ability to test/compare 6 total products. I will basically be taping off a 1 foot strip of bare finish/glass/trim down the entire center of the vehicle and will coat each remaining ½ with separate products. Maybe some of the manufacturers/resellers that frequent this forum would be willing to put their product to the test? Those manufacturers/resellers whose product doesn’t have long term staying power need not apply as this test may not show your product in the best light. Let me know if anyone is willing to take on this challenge or any products (coatings) you’d like to see me compare. Feed back please

julian
08-26-2011, 04:40 PM
I seem to favor the Duragloss 601 - 105 combo.

This would be a good shootout recommendation. :xyxthumbs:

Dubbin1
08-26-2011, 04:51 PM
I seem to favor the Duragloss 601 - 105 combo.

This would be a good shootout recommendation. :xyxthumbs:

This is about coatings like CQ, AQ and OC not sealants and waxes.

Can't wait to see the results from the last test.

melF1fan
08-26-2011, 05:03 PM
I enjoyed following your OC test. I'd like to see comparisons with;

- Element 119 System X Ceramic Coating

- Aquartz Premium / Titanium PPF

- Permanon

- Gtechniq C1

C. Charles Hahn
08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Wonder if you could get your hands on some of the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze coating they sell over in Europe?

Another one that could be interesting would be to pit Opti-Guard and Opti-Coat 2.0 against one another, just to see if there is any noticeable difference between the two over time where durability is concerned.

IID
08-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Since you are already good with OptiCoat:
CarPro CQuartz & GTechniq C1,are my votes :xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
08-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Nu Finish the trunk and see what gives

Old Tiger
08-26-2011, 07:00 PM
to the other coatings listed!Please see if you can add Nanolex!

Dubbin1
08-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I would really like to see Wolfs Chemicals Nano Paint Sealant tested. They claim its permanent like OC.

Capa1970
08-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Duragloss for sure and perhaps Collinite. I know Collinite won't win but it just might be the most durable wax and some prefer the glow of waxes.

Bernard
08-27-2011, 08:32 PM
GZOX Hi MOHs Coat, GZOX Real Glass Coating.

supercharged
08-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Nanolex, Permanon, Gtechniq, Cquartz, Aquartz...

RTexasF
08-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Duragloss for sure and perhaps Collinite. I know Collinite won't win but it just might be the most durable wax and some prefer the glow of waxes.

Obviously you didn't read the previous posts on this thread or you would have seen --------

This is about coatings like CQ, AQ and OC not sealants and waxes.