Which APC?

DW C6

Reaction score
Which All Purpose Cleaner do you guys use to clean the dash, door panels, trim and plastic on the interior?

you will get alot of answers here but these are what i reach for .....APC+ (Megs) and OPC(Optimum).

More so the OPC than the other but I have both just in case.

I just got the APC+...If I could afford it, I'll love to use OPC. However, Megs APC+is very good (except paint).

OPC and APC + are the only two options you have if you're going to buy from AG.

Meguiar's APC (the green stuff) is mostly designed for interiors, as it has fabric softeners and optical brighteners in it. It can be used on vinyl, rubber, plastic, cloth, fabric, and leather. It can also be diluted 4:1 or 10:1. Great product. :xyxthumbs:

Meguiar's APC (the green stuff) is mostly designed for interiors, as it has fabric softeners and optical brighteners in it. It can be used on vinyl, rubber, plastic, cloth, fabric, and leather. It can also be diluted 4:1 or 10:1. Great product. :xyxthumbs:

Interesting information... does this also go for APC +

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner

Just got it..love it

Fussman

Thanks everyone...I ordered the Optimum Opti™Clean Concentrate, I'll you know how I like it.

303 Cleaner is one of the underdogs here. I've used it up to 20:1 on interior trim, and with great results. Never used APC+ or OPC, so no comment or comparison from me.

here is a good 50/50 of 303 Cleaner: (the right side has been cleaned with 303 Cleaner):

203_2623.JPG

OPC and APC + are the only two options you have if you're going to buy from AG.
Poorboy’s World Bio-Degradable All Purpose Whitewall Cleaner and Degreaser 128 oz.

This IMO is some of the most effective APC on the market. I have OPC now but will likely be getting the Poorboy's next time I buy an APC in that price range. OPC works well but I find that it leaves some white residue behind on some vehicles and etches some door jams and wheels. I use some stuff sold elsewhere that cleans tires and wheels way better and it's around $10 a gallon and is completely paint safe but it doesn't do interiors as well as OPC so I'll likely be stocking all 3.

OPC works well but I find that it leaves some white residue behind on some vehicles and etches some door jams and wheels.

Are you using OPC 3:1 ? Regardless, it should not etch your jams and wheels.

OPC works well but I find that it leaves some white residue behind on some vehicles and etches some door jams and wheels.

Are you using OPC 3:1 ? Regardless, it should not etch your jams and wheels.
I worked on a Saturn the other day and OPC at 3:1 did etch the black stuff on the jams. Not sure how to explain the material that is on the jams on that car other than to say it looks like some sort of black adhesive backed tape type of material and the OPC turned it nearly white and cause me an additional 30 minutes of work to polish it back to black again. I really like the OPC as it does interiors very well but it has left an ashy white residue on a black Range Rover center console, etched the Saturn door jam material and when cleaning the wheels on the last car that I worked on with it, it didn't rinse clean from the wheels with a pressure washer and after driving the car I found that the leftover water had come out onto the wheels as I was driving it and when I got the car home they were etched as well.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me to get a picture of the problems. You can bet that next time it causes me trouble I will get photos of the problem.The stuff seems to be more of a liability than an asset to me. From now on the OPC is for interiors only so long as it isn't black interior. I simply can't trust the stuff not to cause problems.

Poorboy’s World Bio-Degradable All Purpose Whitewall Cleaner and Degreaser 128 oz.

This IMO is some of the most effective APC on the market. I have OPC now but will likely be getting the Poorboy's next time I buy an APC in that price range. OPC works well but I find that it leaves some white residue behind on some vehicles and etches some door jams and wheels. I use some stuff sold elsewhere that cleans tires and wheels way better and it's around $10 a gallon and is completely paint safe but it doesn't do interiors as well as OPC so I'll likely be stocking all 3.

I have yet to run into an issue with OPC and have sprayed it 3:1 on single stage red and clear coated paint without issue. The only major draw back for me was the drip marks when used improbably on leather.

I do have to agree with you that you can find citrus based degreaser anywhere and everywhere you look for cheap so, if that's what you're going to use it for look around.

I have not had any experience with Poorboy's APC but if it gets some face time/review with positive feedback I might give it a try.

Optimum is very good, but not enough to justify 3X price of Meg APC+.

I use OPC based on the recommendation of several forum members. I like it because it is the only one I need (can use on most everything) and it has done a good job cleaning whatever I am cleaning. When I am out I will buy it again.

Which OPC product are you guy referring to, Opti Clean or Optimum Power Clean?

Back