Just used my ShMitts today and I love them

klumzypinoy

Reaction score
Today I just tested out my ShMitts and the Ultimate Guzzler. They are excellent car washing tools. I just need to get a good car shampoo, the Armor All that's laying around isn't doing good :( but I'm trying to use it up. The yellow side really helps a lot for the bottom panels and for stubborn spots such as those yellow spots(what are these? my dad said it's airplane fuel but I thought it's tree sap). I just washed it in the washer with woolite on warm water and there are maybe 1 or 2 black particles that are stuck pretty deep in the foam on the white side and yellow side. Is there a way to take them out? I couldn't get em out, and I hope it won't pose a swirling threat. Anybody experienced this?

BTW, the Guzzler is GREAT. I dried both my mom's 4 Runner and my friend's Camry (both were washed at the same time). It just sucks to have water droplets dripping out the side mirrors :mad: .

Do you have a leaf blower? You can use that to blow the water out of the mirrors. You don't want to wash the shmitts, they can separate. As for a wash... try to find NXT or Duragloss locally.

I don't know what those yellow spots are either.

I'm guessing the yellow spots are airplane fuel. I remember my dad said a lot of cars get those yellow spots at his work, and there is an airport really close by where airplanes land and take off.

I was thinking of getting poorboy's shampoo. I had a dream about it too, I don't know why LOL. What does this mean?

It means you are hooked. We have support group meetings on Wednesday nights. LOL j/k!

LOL. It should be called DA...Detailer's Anonymous

The Shmitt's are the Shmitt's man, I've always used old bathroom towels and now that I have the all white and Black Shmitt's I'm stuck on them. I've been throwing a bunch of what I called detailing supplies out. Wife thinks I'm having some sort of breakdown or I'm in some kind of denial but I tell I'm just taking care of our other kids hahahahaha...yea I know I need help.

Sign me up for the course.

Haha. Some people just don't understand what we're going through :p

I think I may ge getting a bad case of the "Schmitt's"! Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks,

Gary

I like the Guzzler a lot, it just takes some getting used to. I never had my hand inside my sponge and it's quite heavy. Also, I need to make sure I don't miss any spots. It's to do so with the large ShMITT.

But the most important thing is that it doesn't marr my paint!

supercharged said:
I really like Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds shampoo.
Agree, I have some others including a sample of DP but I think PB and Duragloss 901 are the best soaps I've used, both seem the same to me as far as slickness/foaming/cleaning. Meg's Gold Class is a good OTC soap but DP and PB are much better, you can feel the difference.

NXT is a good strip down wash as it has great cleaning ability but is kinda harsh on a carnauba finish. I only use it when I'm stripping down (with some Bug Squash added in).

And yes the Shmitt rocks !!! I love the yellow side for doing the lower cladding on my truck where hard stuff and dirt can get stuck to. I don't do the scrub method on the bucket, I just spray it witha hose, then dunk it, gets rid of any dirt particles and turns white again, very impressive.

ShMitt is impressive :) I like how you can see the particles on the foam and u can just take em out.

Does the yellow side of the Schmitt add any swirl marks? I see it's to be used at the bottom of the car top remove any tar or other stuff but was wondering, if it's that tough on tar will it scratch? Does anyone use the yellow side for other areas?

Howard

I use the yellow on windows. I don't think it marrs the paint, but I definitely prefer the white over the yellow on the paint.

there's already swirls on all our cars so I can't tell if it mars the finish or not.

Surfer said:
Agree, I have some others including a sample of DP but I think PB and Duragloss 901 are the best soaps I've used, both seem the same to me as far as slickness/foaming/cleaning. Meg's Gold Class is a good OTC soap but DP and PB are much better, you can feel the difference.

NXT is a good strip down wash as it has great cleaning ability but is kinda harsh on a carnauba finish. I only use it when I'm stripping down (with some Bug Squash added in).

And yes the Shmitt rocks !!! I love the yellow side for doing the lower cladding on my truck where hard stuff and dirt can get stuck to. I don't do the scrub method on the bucket, I just spray it witha hose, then dunk it, gets rid of any dirt particles and turns white again, very impressive.
That's exactly what I do.

Back