SpeedFreak Detailed: '11 Jag XKR - dealer nightmare

SpeedFreak81

Reaction score
This detail was especially satisfying to me personally, because of the transformation that took place. Upon talking to the customer, he explained that his brand new black Jaguar XKR with 800 miles on the ticker suffered from some swirling that he wanted taken care of. When I viewed the car for the first time, I literally almost fell over it was so bad. Even after doing this for quite a while, it still amazes me when I see such a mistreated vehicle. The wash boys at the dealer's lot had to have had a field day with this thing, or so I thought. I told Pete that it would likely take multiple days to bring the finish back, but that was not the case fortunately. When I started working on the car I was astounded to find I could not only correct, but FULLY finish out the paint with nothing but my Pinnacle Advanced finishing polish, and a white polish/finish pad. I have never worked on paint that was so soft in my entire life, and was afraid it would be impossible to maintain. I discussed various options with Pete, and thankfully he agreed that multiple coatings of CQuartz would be in his best interest. Full write up on that to follow.

Products used:

• Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner
  • CG Citrus Wash
  • Pinnacle Speed Clay
  • Poorboy's World QD
  • Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish on LC CCS White pad via FLEX3401
  • Stoner Invisible Glass
  • HD Poxy
  • Optimum metal polish
  • Armor All tire gel

A few before shots showing some of the defects

2.jpg

3.jpg

trunk lid

4.jpg

Front bumper cover corrected

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

Hood corrected

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

Driver's side fender corrected

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

Front part of roofline polished out

DSC_0259.jpg

Driver's side door lookin' MUCH better

DSC_0257.jpg

Trunk lik corrected

DSC_0238.jpg

Quarter panel done, and tape removed

DSC_0261.jpg

Passenger side quarter panel pre correction

6.jpg

BAM!!

81.jpg

Passenger side complete

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

AFTERS

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

Thanks for looking, the CQuartz write up will follow.

Brian

That is WET!! Very nice.
That Pinnacle Advance Finishing Polish definitely finish beautifully.

It is truly amazing when someone like yourself gets a car in such bad shape and turns it into a magazine cover! Regardless of what some uneducated people think..detailing is an art that few people truly have the patience and the passion to do right each and EVERY time...as if it were their own personal vehicle. Great Job...pat yourself on the back.

Now this is sick and want this done to my Silverado. Just wondering at how much I am looking at spending.

I really enjoy the pictorials detailing the before and after shots. It's amazing how much a quality detail does for the appearance for a car or truck. The Jaguar looked to be quite a challenge but it appeared to be no match for Brian!! :props:

Absolutely gorgeous....:dblthumb2:

Brian, Thats how black paint should look! Hmmm...Mine is not even close to that. Now I know what is possible. Maybe a machine for me in the spring and on goes the learning curve!! Super job, thanks for sharing. I bet the owner was amazed!!

Great turnaround!!!!:props: If the paint is that soft, (I'm not taking up for the dealership, because that was a lot of swirls)

isn't it likely to happen again when someone, not using the proper wash technique, or

if someone is overzealous in removing a wax???

You may have a repeat customer on your hands!!!

That must have been CRAZY soft paint! Well - if that is the future of clear on automobiles, then we are all gonna profit big time soon lol!!!

Great job man - looks awesome :dblthumb2:

BAM indeed! The before pics are scary to look at. Those last 2 after pics of the Jag are really, really good. Man that black looks phenomenal. Great job!

Man that's a nice looking car now, let's hope it keeps it that way lol.

GOOD JOB!!:xyxthumbs:

Turned out beautiful! Excellent work. Good info. Thanks for sharing.:xyxthumbs:

Nice turnaround. It has that signature deep, glossy look that HD Poxy gives

very nice job on the paint the car looks like new after the job was done .
just wanted to ask you did you use only 1 step to correct the paint via the Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish.
thanks in advance and excuse my noobines and my bad writing skills. :props:

1 word to describe

awesome

Keep it coming:dblthumb2:

Back