PDA

View Full Version : help something on paint

cujoe59
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Looks like my tire shine is slung all down the side of my new truck I'm guessing that's what it is now how to get it off so far Dawn ,clay bar,gojo,poor boys bug remover, turtle wax tar remover no luck it looks like dirty water spots down both sides of my truck like the front wheels slung it. it might not be the tire shine,but thats my first guess. Please help

My Detailing Guys
09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
pics???

cujoe59
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
i'll try to post some. They might not show in a photo

Setec Astronomy
09-12-2011, 12:52 PM
We've certainly heard of this before, paint staining from tire dressing on light-colored vehicles. I've never encountered it personally, but IIRC it's going to have to be polished out.

Dr Oldz
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
I would start with a chemical polish such an Pinnacle or P21s paintwork cleansing lotion.

Mike Phillips
09-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Is the staining brown or black in color?

If it is, then what's likely happened is the tire dressing has acted merely as a carrying agent to transfer the blooming from the tire, (brown stuff), or the carbon black, (black pigment), to the paint and thus stain it.

:)

Mike Phillips
09-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I would start with a chemical polish such an Pinnacle or P21s paintwork cleansing lotion.

I agree.

Sometimes exposure to the sun will remove the staining color, but to clean the paint I agree with Jim, start with something light like a paint cleaner first and if that doesn't work then simply try something a tick more aggressive.

Luckily, most stains like this are topical, that is the offending chemical doesn't penetrate in very far into the paint so the stains are easy to remove.

If possible, do try parking the car so an affected panel is exposed to bright sunlight and see what happens...

:)