clear coat peeling

jerethemiah

Reaction score
So my wife wrecked her car over a year ago and we had it repaired, but this last week the clear coat started to peel in patches. Is there anything I can do to make this look better? Or is a repaint the only option?

330.jpg

224.jpg

140.jpg

Go to the body shop and show them. That's just bad work on their part. Nothing you can really do except get it re-cleared

Clear Coat failure! I would take it back to the body shop that did the paintwork and show it to them. This should be covered under a warranty? The body shop will ask you what you have used on the paint or how have you been washing the car? They will always try and put the blame on you so they do not have to fix this problem at there expense.

The body shop will ask you what you have used on the paint or how have you been washing the car?

Looks like some SPF 70 would have been in order for that. My guess looking at that workmanship that it didn't come with any longer than a year warranty.

Thanks for the replies guys. That's what I thinking. I'll take it back to the shop and see if they can help me out any.

Back