Little Green Machine Vs. Autocare Pro Heat

alko

Reaction score
So I'm looking to get a deep cleaning tool and alot of people on this forum use the Little Green Machine. Bissell also has the auto version. Looks exactly the same as the LGM but its black. Has anyone used these two side by side? Any real difference in performance?

So I'm looking to get a deep cleaning tool and alot of people on this forum use the Little Green Machine. Bissell also has the auto version. Looks exactly the same as the LGM but its black.

The LGM comes in heated and unheated versions. The two heated versions are identical except the color.

FWIW, both heated versions only raise the temp of the water 10 degrees or so. I crank up my hot water tank to the max (170) when I'm planning on using a carpet cleaner around the house or on a car. It does makes a difference.

IME, the LGM is a better extractor than a Shop Vac but like many I don't mix cleaner in the tank. I mainly use clean, hot water to rinse and then extract after manually applying and working whatever cleaner I'm using. It works OK for a budget machine.

I've also used a Hoover SteamVac with attachments to clean interiors, about equal results as the LGM with the added benefit of being able to clean carpets around the house. Food for thought...

While we're on the subject, how does Hoover get away with labeling their SteamVac as "steam" anything? No steam, not even any heat! What's up with that?!? :confused:

TL

Thanks for the response. I will need to do alittle more research on these two machines. I'm definitely going to get the one with heat.

Yeah hoover is wack...never buy a hoover.

I think I'm leaning more towards the little green machine

I love my LGM. I use it on everything. Dog beds, furniture, car. They are quite versatile

I love my LGM. I use it on everything. Dog beds, furniture, car. They are quite versatile

The Bissell Autocare Pro Heat looks just like the LGM but its black. I've been trying to figure out if there are any other perfomance differences between the two but I'm not having any luck :-/

The only difference is in the attachments. I think the autocare one has a crevice tool and the LGM doesn't. The Pet one comes with a cool scrubber device that I love since mine is the pet version.

Jenn

I have the regular LGM and it works pretty well for its price. One of these days I'm gonna drop the money and get a REAL hot water extractor

Back