Best AIO polish

onlycodered

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to come up with the best products to use for my basic exterior package which consists of a one-step light correction among other things. The two products I am trying to choose between are Meguiar's D301 finishing wax and XMT 360.

The upside of me going with D301 would be that I already have that on hand, plus I really enjoy using the microfiber pads, although I've heard a lot of good things about XMT 360 and I feel as though it might be a bit more aggressive than D301.

Anyone have any experience with these two products? If XMT 360 is more aggressive and leaves the finish in a similar state that D301 does I'd much rather use that as I'm trying to get the best results possible for this package.

I know for a fact D151 has more cut than D301. So that would be my choice. Never used 360 so I really cannot comment. If you do a google search for D151 vs D301 you will come across a MOL thread that has a comparison.

we do a ton of one step, and use the new mf system for cars that need more correction.
since using this system we have pretty much phased out the foam pads and tend to always go the the microfiber pads. depending on the desired defect removal we will use any combination of mf finish or cut pads and d151 or d301. one of my guys likes to use 2 drops of d301 and 2 drops of d300 on the pad, and will use either finish or cut pad, depends on the color and hardness of the paint. I prefer to just use d151 and mf finish pad. heavy pressure or edging on deeper scratches seems to work great. we do a fair volume so our needs may be different.

Thanks so much guys! I completely forgot about D151. I will be picking up some of that along with some more MF pads. Sounds like that'll be the best combo for 1-step corrections.

I'd stick with MF system for sure. Have both D301 and m151 on hand as both work great with MF system. As stated m151 has a bit more cut in case you need that.

I've heard great things about Werkstat prime strong and Prima Amigo!

Meguiar's D151 :props:

Werkstat Prime Strong is another very good product. When I compared it to Klasse All In One, Werkstat Prime Strong did a better job at correcting and cleaning up the surface. The shine it left behind was also a bit nicer but Meguiar's D151 seems more aggressive and corrects in less time than either of these two.

I want to try Prime Strong, use it more though for its chemical cleaning. D151 is a great correcting AIO, use the Kevin Brown Method and it works like a dream.

I love AIOs but I wouldn't paint myself into a corner with just one product. Some good choices:

-M66 for really oxidized/trashed cars. M66 will make poo shine, durability stinks though.
-D151 for 95% of the cars on the road that are over two years old. Fantastic stuff, durability is pretty crummy
-Poliseal is great for well maintained vehicles, drippy wet looks. Can cover with Optiseal for durability in 5 extra minutes.
-FK215 makes for amazing gloss on metallics.
-ZAIO - probably the best all-around, a little goes a LONG way. Durability is the best of any AIO out there, but its not for trashed cars. Bar non best choice for solid colors like blacks, reds and yellows.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to come up with the best products to use for my basic exterior package which consists of a one-step light correction among other things. The two products I am trying to choose between are Meguiar's D301 finishing wax and XMt360

I'm assuming that this is for business and not personal. I would say go with the D151. It's a great product at an even better price. You can achieve different results depending on your pad selection.

I'm assuming that this is for business and not personal. I would say go with the D151. It's a great product at an even better price. You can achieve different results depending on your pad selection.
Yes this will be for my business. One of the thing I do like about D151 is the price for how much you get. I also really like using the Meguiar's microfiber pads and I hear good stories about using those with D151 so I think that's probably the best route.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Yes this will be for my business. One of the thing I do like about D151 is the price for how much you get. I also really like using the Meguiar's microfiber pads and I hear good stories about using those with D151 so I think that's probably the best route.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

I have yet to try 151 with the MF pads. As stated previously the longevity of 151 leaves a little to be desired,but since it does the desired job quickly,you still have time to put a coat of wax over it

Back