ANTI STATIC QDer's......

BILL

Reaction score
Im a beleiver in the anti static QD's.....they do work;)
which QDer's are ANTI STATIC... besides
F.K.425
CLEAR KOTE QUIK SHINE
DURA GLOSS 921....................

Well I was about to post the ones you just did lol, those are the only ones I know that are.

Surfer said:
Well I was about to post the ones you just did lol, those are the only ones I know that are.

That surprises me......only 3 ???:confused:

Edit: Sorry to kinda go off topic but I have a question.

What's the difference between anti static QD and QDs with static?

klumzypinoy said:
Edit: Sorry to kinda go off topic but I have a question.

What's the difference between anti static QD and QDs with static?

Anti static QD's somewhat repel dust........others do not.......

so far, after testing them all time and time again, the Finish Kare is the only one that absolutely has an effect.

Chemical Guys has one that's antistatic too. Works pretty good also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that some static problems were related more to a static charge in my MF's. I could run them along the finish of my bumper and here the static charge.
This is the first I've heard of antistatic QD's
sm-nachdenk.gif

I have used FK 425 before, and loved it!!!

Off the QD's, but on the anti static topic still, I was walking through the automotive section at Wal Mart today, and a new product caught my eye. it was from Black Magic. Anti-Static Protectant for vinyl and such. Like an anti static interior dressing...
Didn't pick it up, as I have too much stuff......lol

QS does not repel or minimize dust. I could, dust my car 3x a day if I wanted to. For some reason, the dust in un-real here.

I will be trying FK425 and CG formula.

I too have tried the CC version, nowhere near anti-static, sorry !!

killrwheels@autogeek said:
I too have tried the CC version, nowhere near anti-static, sorry !!

I was about to give C.G.'s a try.....:o i agree that FK425 is super, but i disagree with NICK 19 that Q.S. is not anti static.....it works for me as does Dura gloss 921....

Last edited:
#425 is awesome. One of the best. No cleaning power, but THE best finishing QD.

nick19 said:
QS does not repel or minimize dust. I could, dust my car 3x a day if I wanted to. For some reason, the dust in un-real here.

I will be trying FK425 and CG formula.

I use FK 425 and it leaves such a slick finish. I was at a friends house for an afternoon and my car got covered with pine needles and pollen dust. I drove home on the interstate and when I arrived home the pollen and pine needles where gone. The stuff just blew off of the car. Dust will accumulate on the car if it is parked but doesn't cling to the finish. JoeD

What is added to a product to make it antistatic? Just wondering because of the caution that needs to be taken when washing MF's.

Jimmie said:
What is added to a product to make it antistatic? Just wondering because of the caution that needs to be taken when washing MF's.

POLYMERS of some sort...not sure..i don't think it's an issue with your micro-fiber towels though...:)

BILL said:
I was about to give C.G.'s a try.....:o i agree that FK425 is super, but i disagree with NICK 19 that Q.S. is not anti static.....it works for me as does Dura gloss 921....

Bill, forgive me, it was real late, and I was just getting in a reply before I went to bed.

I should have re-worded it.

I don't have ANY luck with using QS as a "anti" static QD. I love QS none-the-less, but it may be a combination of pollen, and dust. It DOES make for a quick wipe and the dust glides right off, but in no way, in my situation, does it repel anything.

Actually, I haven't dusted my car in a day, since using the old CM. I think its time for a wipe-down today though.

-Nick :cheers:

Back