Poorboy's Spray and Wipe waterless...

rivaladversary

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to use this thing? I spray it on, let it sit for a couple of seconds, and wipe it off with a microfiber towel? I use it when I have waterspots sitting on my car or when there's bird poop. It just seems to leave a haze...

One towel to wipe the surface clean......another towel to wipe it dry.

I agree. The waterless do leave a slight haze. I just go back over the panel with a real light spray/wipe dry like using a QD. Like others said using a dry towel. My waterless wipe towels are usually pretty wet in short order (maybe too much product, but I get nervous).

Last edited:
but won't that induce swirls? just wipe gently?

You've got to get it clean, before you wipe it dry (same concept as a rinseless, you shouldn't be getting any dirt on the drying towel, if you are, you need to clean more before you dry).

So, as alluded to above, you need to do a final wipe with a clean/dry towel or side of the towel after you've used enough to get things clean.

The instruction for using Poorboys spray and wipe would be to spray and wipe. lol. sorry I had too. :)

You sound very much like a shill for your first post. How could you not know what Poorboy's products are? Smells spammy to me........

Should you follow up a waterless wash (whether it is DP, poorboys etc) with a spray wax or is that overkill?

Should you follow up a waterless wash (whether it is DP, poorboys etc) with a spray wax or is that overkill?

PB's does not affect your LSP. It is more a cleaner with minimal added gloss so no need to reapply protection.

@ShinyRex: I do that all the time. I finish with a quick spray wax after a waterless wash. It is a real quick detail.

after you spray and you use the MF to clean the car, can you use that face of the MF again? or do you keep flipping the MF to a new side for every section. if that's the case how many MF's would you need?? sounds like a lot. and how would you handle the wheel wells and wheels?

@mwtaco: it depends on how dirty the car is. Essentially, I use 1 or 2 MF cloths of cleanings (folded in 4) and then dedicated "clean" MF cloths for final wipedowns. I lightly soiled car may require only 2-3 MF, dirtier cars more. It also depends on the "nap" of the MF. For instance Griots makes a dedicated waterless wash MF with a heavy nap to holds dirt quite well.

after you spray and you use the MF to clean the car, can you use that face of the MF again? or do you keep flipping the MF to a new side for every section. if that's the case how many MF's would you need?? sounds like a lot. and how would you handle the wheel wells and wheels?

I prefer to just use each face once - so fold the towel into four, then fold into half again, for a total of 8 wipes per towel (I don't have any double-plush towels yet, and I wouldn't use the short-nap side for waterless washing - not enough nap to hold the dirt properly). It's a lot easier to wash towels than to have to polish out scratches caused by re-using dirty towels. And yes, I do use a lot of towels - just the roof of my Yaris takes twelve wipes to cover, and I usually do two wipes, so that's 3 towels just for the roof - not including the towels dedicated for final drying.

I've never done a waterless wash on wheels and wells - always at least a rinseless wash, and if possible I'd prefer to bring out the buckets and hose.

I prefer to just use each face once - so fold the towel into four, then fold into half again, for a total of 8 wipes per towel (I don't have any double-plush towels yet, and I wouldn't use the short-nap side for waterless washing - not enough nap to hold the dirt properly). It's a lot easier to wash towels than to have to polish out scratches caused by re-using dirty towels. And yes, I do use a lot of towels - just the roof of my Yaris takes twelve wipes to cover, and I usually do two wipes, so that's 3 towels just for the roof - not including the towels dedicated for final drying.

I've never done a waterless wash on wheels and wells - always at least a rinseless wash, and if possible I'd prefer to bring out the buckets and hose.

I live in an apt complex where I do not have access to a hose so I use a heavy duty spray bottle full of water to rinse the cleaners off the wheel then I wipe down with some dedicated MF towels. I also put down shop towels to soak up the run off.

Back