lessons learned from a newbie

CAMAROZL1

Reaction score
1. Mikes videos definitely help
2. have plan of attack
3. More pads are better
4. when you tape the vehicle pull tape away as you polish so you can polish paint that was taped over.
5. the more light you have in your garage the better off you are.
6. slow is fast and fast is slow.
7. DA polisher are great and do make the job easier, quicker, and better.
8. the senior members have great knowledge.
9. towels over ALL windows and any other part not being polish makes cleaning a breeze.
10. Lastly, I tip my hat to all the guys on here who do this for a living, me being an amateur weekend hobbyist, theirs a lot of work and time that goes into detailing. It defiantly isn't for the faint of heart.

One more thing, Im going to buy the Grit Guard Pad Washer, after having to stop to clean my pads since I only have 2 of each, its worth its weight in gold :buffing:

1. Mikes videos definitely help
2. have plan of attack
3. More pads are better
4. when you tape the vehicle pull tape away as you polish so you can polish paint that was taped over.
5. the more light you have in your garage the better off you are.
6. slow is fast and fast is slow.
7. DA polisher are great and do make the job easier, quicker, and better.
8. the senior members have great knowledge.
9. towels over ALL windows and any other part not being polish makes cleaning a breeze.
10. Lastly, I tip my hat to all the guys on here who do this for a living, me being an amateur weekend hobbyist, theirs a lot of work and time that goes into detailing. It defiantly isn't for the faint of heart.

:dblthumb2:

Great lessons learned; there are a lot more to be learned as we all know. A few to add since I've been on autogeek.

1) Watching a car bleed during Iron-X is really cool
2) Wetsanding is the best time saver for deep scratches
3) 2 buckets is better than 1
4) ONR is the S**T!!!!
5) Natural looking tires look better than high gloss
6) Its all in the prep work

Back