Tire cleaning opinions... products used?

Whitethunder46

Reaction score
I've used Bleache White in the past for tire cleaning. I feel it works very very well, but being so inexpensive and an OTC product, I'm wandering how safe it is. Now, I ONLY use it on tires.

I'm also on the search for a good engine degreaser/cleaner. I want something CHEAP and availaible in gallons. I'm leaning towards Megs Super Degreaser for this since I've had great luck with their pro line.

Bleache White is only $5 for 64 oz. and I KNOW it works, so it's hard to go away from it when it comes to bulk detailing.

Opinions please?

Sorry, I guess I don't fulfill your requirements.

Armor All under 3 dollars for a can @ wally. That is the most cost effective one for me.

Whitethunder46 said:
I've used Bleache White in the past for tire cleaning. I feel it works very very well, but being so inexpensive and an OTC product, I'm wandering how safe it is. Now, I ONLY use it on tires.

I'm also on the search for a good engine degreaser/cleaner. I want something CHEAP and availaible in gallons. I'm leaning towards Megs Super Degreaser for this since I've had great luck with their pro line.

Bleache White is only $5 for 64 oz. and I KNOW it works, so it's hard to go away from it when it comes to bulk detailing.

Opinions please?

Lacquer thinner on a rag over the whitewalls works great:)

I've used Simple Green diluted 10:1, and it works beautifly for me as the most economical option so far. Out of a gallon you can make around 40 32oz sprayers. Not bad for $9.00 for a gallon... and a LOT safer than Bleache White

Joey

i have meg safe d-gresser but have not used it yet way to cold.

soap and water with a nice brush is usually all thats needed. Try to avoid wheel cleaners, especially store bought, as it could damage tires if using acid or lye as cleaning agents.

I usually only use a degreaser like SG on an initial cleaning. After that, my wheel ShMitt and NXT soap water does the trick...........along with my new pressure washer!

Do you also suggest Simple Green 10:1 for engines? Or Should I order Megs Super Degreaser?

what about the eagle one tire and wheel cleaner in teh silver bottle? seems to work awesomely, lol, for me.

bambo2888 said:
what about the eagle one tire and wheel cleaner in teh silver bottle? seems to work awesomely, lol, for me.

Might not be the best for bulk detailing though. I have Megs Wheel Brightener for majority of wheel cleaning which I really love.

Whitethunder46 said:
Might not be the best for bulk detailing though. I have Megs Wheel Brightener for majority of wheel cleaning which I really love.

It is the best (economical and quality) wheel cleaner I've ever used. Strong yes. Safe.....experience is a must. I've used a year now and have never damaged a single wheel with it.

As for the tires, EO is a great product. Just not for us who do this for a living and need a better value.

I've always used Purple Power as my main degreaser. It's inexpensive......11.54 for 2.5 gallons. I cut it 1:1 and cannot tell the difference from using it full strength. I use it on engines, tires, wells, and even floor mats and carpets. It can be tough on your hands so start wearing gloves. I do now even while washing. Remember, I do this all day long.

Greg, one of your questions was about "Bleach White". I used that stuff years ago. The grime will really sluff off of the tires when you spray it on. It always seemed like an uphill battle since the tires wanted to turn a greyish biege pretty quickly. Since then I've read on AG that is one of the problems with an acid or alkaline cleaner.

I think I'm going to skip out on the Megs Super degreaser for now and try either Simple Green or Purple Power. I'll be able to use this for good tire cleaning and engine cleaning.

Whitethunder46 said:
I think I'm going to skip out on the Megs Super degreaser for now and try either Simple Green or Purple Power. I'll be able to use this for good tire cleaning and engine cleaning.
APC or APC+ (10:1) can do a good job too.

as far as most bang for your buck..definitley simple green diluted...not the best...but definitely money to results/versatility ratio is good

Top of the Line HiTemp Tire Cleaner, Hands down the best for Tires & WheelWells. Cheap and effective! Use a cleaner specifically for tires, APC's/Wheel Cleaners only go so far.

I use Amazing Roll Off diluted 3:1 and a oxo wheel brush, GREAT brush!

Back