daily driver

mwtaco

Reaction score
Opinions on this?

trying to follow MP's KISS rule.

for daily drivers:
minor swirling from regular routine daily use despite following the "rules" of washing and detailing.

AIO followed by LSP sealant/wax
vs.
dedicated polish followed by LSP sealant/wax?

(For sake of durability, I'd like to finish with Opti-Seal or C845)

AIO followed by LSP. I use Klasse AIO on my truck, but where I deviate is a coat of Prima Amigo and then LSP with 845. All 3 products go on smooth with a PC and wipe right off. So even though its 3 steps it doesnt take that long. Even on a full size crew cab truck. The Klasse does a little for the swirling as well as the Amigo.

If you really want to keep it simple, just use a good cleaner wax or AIO. Mother's Carnauba Cleaner is great OTC stuff with 2+ month durability. Sure you might have to apply it more often but it will be less work to apply six times a year than doing an AIO two times and waxing for or five times.

Klasse AIO is a chemical cleaner with NO abrasives, so it won't remove swirls or any below surface defects.

my daily driver is parked outdoors almost all year 24/7

I wash the truck every other week. *twice each month*

Week 2
I use Optimum No Rinse on the exterior. There have been times where I will rinse the truck off with water using the pressure washer. *Usually only happens on bug/night adventures*

Will vacuum the interior if needed. In most cases, a few clippings of grass and a bit of dog hair have stated to accumulate on the carpet.

Week 4
I use a foam cannon on my pressure washer with DP Xtreme Foam, followed with the 2 bucket method wash by hand.

LSP is Collinite 845 with the first coat applied on saturday morning after the wash/clay/dry, the second on sunday.

303 Aerospace Protectant for the plastics and rubber all around the truck *including the plastic fender wells.

Interior is vacuumed with a shop vac and various tips and brushes for the dash.
303 Aerospace Protectant for the dash and door panels.

Recenly ordered DP Gloss Tire Gel and have been running with it for the last 2 weeks to test durability. *still looking good!*

I am still searching for a favorite leather seat cleaner that can be used monthly, but have Leatherique Pristine Clean in my cart for the next order.

Thats the KISS process on my daily driver. I still have people commenting or asking me how I keep my truck so shiny each week.

I limit myself on correction of the paint to semi-annual.
Touch-up paint in key areas with wet-sanding using 2000 grit by hand & block, followed with 3000 grit disc on the Griot's 3" Polisher
This process includes Meguiars M205 and Menzerna PO85RD.

hope it helps!
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

Back