my "new" 98' chevy S-10

rousher99

Reaction score
i bought this truck a few days ago for $1800. at first glance i turned it down because of rust and nicotine stains all over the interior. well the price was way too good to pass up. the day i bought it i went straight home, washed it and inspected the paint... like i figured it was covered in swirls,tar, holograms.. i planned on a full wetsand and buff then i looked at the body and saw the rust and decided i would just do a single pass of menz SIP, seal it with WG DGPS 3.0 and then top it with fuzion(just because i love the gloss of fuzion)
here is the process........
wash with dawn twice
vac/shampoo(by hand)
vinyl scrubbed with apc/shampoo mix
interior dressed with WG vinyl and rubber protectant
clayed the whole body and the wheels with pinnacle poly clay and used onr deluted as a clay lube
single pass with SIP
WG DGPS 3.0
wait 12 hrs
fuzion

here are all the photo's
Facebook

il post them up when i get more time.. :dblthumb2:

Nice shine but that rust would have me passing on the deal. Was that a before or after shot of the drivers side door? it looked like you still had a lot of rust/stain on the arm rest if after.

Huge improvement on the paint and over all. How did the vent covers come out?

i ran out of apc for my interior so i just left it.the vents turned out probly 80% better t.. i can cut out the rust and weld in new panels and paint it. other than rust its in great condition clutch just got serviced 2 weeks before i bought it new plugs wires egr o2 sensor..hopefully in spring i will get the body work done and show everyone. i tryed to upload the photos but my wifi keeps crashing

the s-series trucks have always had the problem with cab corners, rockers and fender edges.

it's not as big of a deal as you might think to replace these parts. even a cheap $200-$300 mig welder and some time with replacement pre-molded body parts can be worth the effort.

good little truck!
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

the s-series trucks have always had the problem with cab corners, rockers and fender edges.

it's not as big of a deal as you might think to replace these parts. even a cheap $200-$300 mig welder and some time with replacement pre-molded body parts can be worth the effort.

good little truck!
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

my buddy has a tig and a mig welder, after i fix the rust spots il undercoat it where chevy should have from the factory lol, it just surprises me how much longer something could last if they just put $1000 into rust prevention.. well atleast it doesnt look like swiss cheese like one of my friends jeep camanche's lol

Oh just another reason I love so cal. We don't have to worry about road salt and under coating. Granted I wish we had fall because I love seeing the trees change and the weather but I couldnt deal with detailing in the winter or having to have a heated garage.

Last edited:
That '98 looks better than my '03. The paint on my s10 is heavily and deeply scratched, to the point where a repaint is the only improvement.

Back