Which rotary?

Whitethunder46

Reaction score
I don't know a ton about them, but would like to know enough where to feel comfortable in the future buying one. I don't mean the procedure about using them, but the machine itself.

Makita, DeWalt, or the PC's rotary.

Anyone have experience with these three rotaries? Is one better than the other? Durability? Minor problems? Money isn't an issue, just want the best machine. I want a classic rotary, so not a Cyclo.

Definitely Makita in my opinion. I've used the DeWalt and Milwalkee, and the Makita wins by far. I like the lightness compared to the other two, the handy bag that come along with it. The speed indicator tag by the handle is benefitial, and you choose two different handle set-ups.

Any interest in the Hitachi?

It's what I use and I really like it. It's light, quiet, smooth and has a very good warranty should anything happen to it.

Sevenrd said:
Any interest in the Hitachi?

It's what I use and I really like it. It's light, quiet, smooth and has a very good warranty should anything happen to it.

Ahh, I knew I felt like I was forgetting one. I'll look into it.

Out of the three I listed, I was def. leaning towards the Makita.

My dad uses all dewalt tools for construction.... They hold up amazing everything elese does not

get the Hitachi .... its got more power than the rest, a better warranty, cheaper, and lighter !!!

I have a Hitachi and I really like it. A lot lighter and quieter than the old Dewalt I had. The Hitachi has a 5 year warranty.

You might want to check with Justin on what kind he has. He put it up to a Hitachi and everything on it looked and felt the same except it was a different color and was a lot cheaper.

I will probably end up getting a Metabo in the near future. I already have a PC,Cyclo,and Hitachi. You can't have enough toys!

killrwheels@autogeek said:
get the Hitachi .... its got more power than the rest, a better warranty, cheaper, and lighter !!!

Hitachi SAT180 7” This model??

Here's the one on Autogeek: Hitachi SP18VA 7” Polisher: The Hitachi is a powerful rotary polisher capable of removing prominent scratches and swirls to restore your paint to its

Does sound like a winner. Lighter than most, and the warranty is certaintly a plus. Relatively good price as well. I'll probably just use the 8" Edge rotary pads.

I'm gonna give it a couple months and see how the PC suits me for customer cars. If I just can't do what I want in the time I want on customer cars, then I'm gonna get a rotary for compounding and polishing.

Whitethunder46 said:
Here's the one on Autogeek: Hitachi SP18VA 7” Polisher: The Hitachi is a powerful rotary polisher capable of removing prominent scratches and swirls to restore your paint to its

Does sound like a winner. Lighter than most, and the warranty is certaintly a plus. Relatively good price as well. I'll probably just use the 8" Edge rotary pads.

I'm gonna give it a couple months and see how the PC suits me for customer cars. If I just can't do what I want in the time I want on customer cars, then I'm gonna get a rotary for compounding and polishing.

this is the one killr was probably talking about..didn't know A.G. sold this brand i didn't see it under the polishers section....

BILL said:
this is the one killr was probably talking about..didn't know A.G. sold this brand i didn't see it under the polishers section....

Me either, I just searched for it and it popped up.

justin30513 said:
I'm going to be getting a Metabo soon.
Justin how is your current rotary holding up? The one you picked up for cheap.

This is a very interesting topic as I'm looking to purchase a rotary soon, so I'm just posting to keep up with all the info.

So what's with all the hype on the Metabo? I haven't done a ton of research into it, but it seems like a very popular choice?

Metabo vs. Hitachi is where I'm at right now.

I'm leaning towards the Makita as well. Seems like a well made tool and I've heard nothing but good stuff about it. I particularly like the soft start feature and the light weight. I'd like to hear more about all of them though from people that own them.

Back