Last months topic.. STAYING COOL - now How to STAY WARM!

fredcandetail

Reaction score
Ok fellas now that I have two trucks on the road doing mobile washes I'm trying to think of ways to keep them relatively warm and prevent the "it's too cold to wash cars boss" crap!
We'll probably resort to rinse less washes to keep things simple and we haveq the MyTee BOSS low pressure system t make things easy...
I'm thinking I might run around town and look for waterproof gloves to keep their hand s dry ... What do y'all think?

Waterproof gloves are a good idea. Heavy socks and a long sleeve compression t-shirt (Champion C-9 at Target, or UnderArmour if business is good), does a lot too and doesn't hold water like cotton.

I've worn surfing gloves, they are made out of wet suite material. I also wear rain boots and slicker pants cause I hate cold wet feet. They also provide better traction which helps prevent slip and falls which is huge when you own a business.

Go to the local Gander Mountain or Cabelas and look at the winter hunting gloves. I bought a set of neoprene ( wetsuit material) ones, with a rubber inner hand area that go up afew inches over the wrist , so u can get get into the bucket.

You would be surprised what a double layer of nitrile gloves will do while washing.

Back