Help cleaning a Mother's Powerball

CAkin24

Reaction score
Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here. I've been trying my hardest to keep on top of keeping my car looking the best that I can. A while back my car developed some serious swirling. I just now got around to trying to fix that. A long time ago my father bought me a Mother's Powerball and I had totally forgotten I even had it. I only used it once and could have sworn I washed it, but looking back now I don't think I did. The pad has a lot of dried up polish stuck within it. If I engage the trigger on the drill, all of this dried up polish comes out of the pad as a dusty substance. The pad itself is in merely perfect condition besides a little discoloration. Is this pad not any good, or is there a way to eliminate the dust from flying? I rinsed it off earlier in the hopes that the old residue would break free and the pad would be good to go. This is really all I've got in terms of buffing equipment for the time being as I don't have the money to spend on buffing pads or on an actual buffer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I would try soaking it in the DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator. That works like magic on my Cyclo Pads. Makes them look new.

My 2 cents.

Cool, I like having my stuff clean of old chemicals and residue, but keeping it looking nice is also a plus.

If you don't have DP pad rejuvenator you could soak it in some dawn. I've used it several times for real dirty stuff. Let it soak for a little while then agitate and let it soak a little more. All the dried polishing residue should come out.

I had been using Dawn for my hand and machine pads, but recently found something that works better IMO. I soak them in a bucket of an oxygen cleaner, such as Oxi-Clean or LA Awesome's similar product at pre-soak strength. A soaking for a while and light scrub with a soft natural fiber brush is usually all it takes. A Collinite-saturated pad usually laughs at detergents or Dawn, but gives up to an Oxy product.

Bill

I use the DP Pad Rejuvinator on mine which is for wheels and their harsh metal polishes, works well.

We make 2 different versions- a yellow one (PowerBall 4Paint) and the red versions for wheels and other metal surfaces.

The pad washes are a good idea, as is hot water with a dish detergent like Dawn. Remove it from the hardware and submerge it in the solution - squeeze while underwater to fully absorb the solution, and several more times while under.

Rinse well (while squeezing) and let dry, then reassemble.

Back