Klasse AIO + tangerine hydrotech pad

spike

Reaction score
Hi,

Will applying KAIO with a tangerine hydrotech pad with a Flex 3401 create any marring? I know the KAIO has no abrasives per se (it's a chemical cleaner), but I'm concerned that the pad itself would cause marring on my paint. Trying to get my 1999 camry ready for the winter with KAIO + 2 coats SG. I will be applying the SG by hand in order to make sure to have a very thin coating. I'll be sure to spritz the tang pad and my microfiber applicator pads with WG detailing spritz to keep the pads "lubricated".

Thanks in advance!!

:)

Should be fine. I've used the Klasse AIO in conjunction with a Tangerine pad several times with no issues.

But as Mike always says...do a test spot first! :props:

Hi,

Will applying KAIO with a tangerine hydrotech pad with a Flex 3401 create any marring? I know the KAIO has no abrasives per se (it's a chemical cleaner), but I'm concerned that the pad itself would cause marring on my paint. Trying to get my 1999 camry ready for the winter with KAIO + 2 coats SG. I will be applying the SG by hand in order to make sure to have a very thin coating. I'll be sure to spritz the tang pad and my microfiber applicator pads with WG detailing spritz to keep the pads "lubricated".

Thanks in advance!!

Reduction of Marring...

Always work clean...including the pad
Control the Amount of Pressure being applied.
NO. of passes/product drying-up
No distractions...Concentrate on the area at hand.
Test Spot.

{A few ideas culled from Mike Phillips articles :) }

Also:

I would think that applying KSG by machine would ensure having a more "very thin coating" than by hand application...
Your choice of application method may differ though.

Bob

I would think that applying KSG by machine would ensure having a more "very thin coating" than by hand application...
Your choice of application method may differ though.

Bob

Bob, tried apply KSG via DA once and only once. I found that it didn't really like any heat build up when I tried to go over it and spread it as thin as possible. Because of this and and mastering the spritz technique I find hand application better and faster.

But this is just my experience; and other will have differing opinions.
*Others results will vary...

totally agree

kaio by DA good (just wipe it off while it is still wet)
ksg by DA bad

Bob, tried apply KSG via DA once and only once. I found that it didn't really like any heat build up when I tried to go over it and spread it as thin as possible. Because of this and and mastering the spritz technique I find hand application better and faster.

But this is just my experience; and other will have differing opinions.

Troy...

How correct you are!

I tried your method of using diluted KSG/H2O on the wife's Jeep this past weekend with excellent results....First by hand application and then (I guess because of my chronological age :D) with the PC.

Let me thank you again for the above tip....Either application method was decidedly more effortless in application/removal...even with the PC approach!

Perhaps I should have mentioned this method to the OP in my previous post. Perhaps the OP could "experiment" the same as I did.

Bob

Thanks everyone. I haven't tried to dilute the KSG to apply it...but I have applied it with my Flex in the past and I much prefer to do it by hand. It seemed to me that it was easier to remove after doing it by hand than by machine.

I will follow all your advice to reduce any type of marring occurring.

Thanks again!

:dblthumb2:

Back