PDA

View Full Version : flash brown royal wheel cleaner

Pages : [1] 2 3

budinsc
11-19-2011, 11:27 AM
good morning gals and guys!

need a little advice and help on a non-acidic wheel cleaner i have just found that is a true spray on wash off no aggitation product. it costs about half what similiar cleaners charge. the company flash auto detail has been in business for 13 yrs.

the most time consuming part of my car detailing is the proper cleaning of wheels including the barrels which i do every other wash. because the rotors and calipers are so large on my jag i have the jack each wheel up and spin clean the barrels to do it right no matter what type brush i use.

the writtn reviews on brown royal are wonderful and all u tube presentations are excellent. being the skeptic that i am i hope some of you have tried this product and can confirm what i have found. if all is true this would be a "blue bird from Heaven" for this 70 yr old guy!

tks a million and please hit me back.
budinscFeed back please

ThirdgenTa
11-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I am a Brown Royal user as well. Best wheel cleaner I have used and it's cheap. I wouldn't say it's a total no scrub product unless you just cleaned your wheels the week before. It does however loosen up the brake dust so well that just agitation with your finger will do the job. I just bought sonax and it has nothing on Brown Royal and is expensive. I also wish that Flash would update their site. Doesn't even look like they are around since it hasn't been updated in a few years.
Also, not sure how long this post will last since Autogeek does not sell flash products.

604_Snooze
11-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I want to give brown royal a try too, it is way cheaper compare to sonax and iron X.

budinsc
11-19-2011, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=ThirdgenTa;571623]I am a Brown Royal user as well. Best wheel cleaner I have used and it's cheap. I wouldn't say it's a total no scrub product unless you just cleaned your wheels the week before. It does however loosen up the brake dust so well that just agitation with your finger will do the job. I just bought sonax and it has nothing on Brown Royal and is expensive. I also wish that Flash would update their site. Doesn't even look like they are around since it hasn't been updated in a few years.
Also, not sure how long this post will last since Autogeek does not sell flash products

tks for getting back! ive ordered 1 gal and plan ti dilute 1/3 as i keep the wheels pretty clean. used to live just north of you in barrington and thought the snow would never go away. gray slush from tgiving to memorial day! tks again!

budinscQUOTE]

A-train
11-19-2011, 12:37 PM
I have some and will send you some if you pm me your address.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

A-train
11-19-2011, 12:43 PM
I didn't see your last post there, that you've ordered a gallon...its a good wheel cleaner, if its light brake dust you won't have to agitate but I didn't find it to be the miracle wheel cleaner that it is made out to be, still good tho. The smell is down right rough tho, I wear a mouth and nose mask when I use it.

BobbyG
11-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey Bud,

This is a new one for me and I'll have to give it a try when it arrives!! :props:

IID
11-19-2011, 01:57 PM
I didn't see your last post there, that you've ordered a gallon...its a good wheel cleaner, if its light brake dust you won't have to agitate but I didn't find it to be the miracle wheel cleaner that it is made out to be, still good tho. The smell is down right rough tho, I wear a mouth and nose mask when I use it.

If you have to wear a mask,it must somewhat toxic to breath-no?

CEE DOG
11-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Jim has been telling me about this stuff for a long time. I'm almost through this gallon of ARO and plan to get some. Only problem I hate paying shipping. Looks like these guys need to find a proper distribution network like AG.

Meghan or others, can you comment as to if an attempt has been made to distribute Brown Royale or if it's possibly you might pick it up?

A-train
11-19-2011, 02:33 PM
If you have to wear a mask,it must somewhat toxic to breath-no?

I dont know if it is toxic or not but I try to keep from breathing it in as much as possible. Sonax full effect has a very mild smell compared to this. ive got a video of it I did testing it on an f-150, ill try and get it loaded up here.

ThirdgenTa
11-19-2011, 02:49 PM
You really don't have to wear a mask. I would say the only problem is if you inhale it directly, which I have done and it actually takes your breathe away for a second. I sprayed it and it was windy out and blew back in my face. It doesn't stink though like Iron X or other cleaners.
I also use it on tires and wheel wells and it's safe for anything clearcoated. You can even dilute it to use it for bugs and stuff on the paint.

I would really like to see autogeek carry it because then I would just buy it from them. It just doesn't seem like flash advertises that much except a few youtube videos. And it's a great cleaner and a great price. It does an awesome job considering all the wheels I use it on are cars that haven't been ever cleaned in 5+ years with caked on brake dust.

ThirdgenTa
11-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey Bud,

This is a new one for me and I'll have to give it a try when it arrives!! :props:

Let us know how you like it. If you can't post it on here, send me a PM. I would like to know someones opinion that has tried it against a bunch of professional products. I have compared this to a bunch of OTC products and just a few professional ones (sonax,ironx,megs apc+)

ScottB
11-19-2011, 03:47 PM
as with all chemicals, taking precautions (gloves, mask, open environment) will mean a safer outcome for the detailer especially over time.

budinsc
11-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey Bud,

tks old buddy. hope youre coming along well! know you miss the trench warefare.
happy tksgiving.
bud

budinsc
11-19-2011, 07:26 PM
tks for all the responses guys. as soon as it gets here ill try and give you a report. if its as good as it seems i hope ag will look at it. nick please note1

budinsc