Removing polish residue

VW 91

Reaction score
This seems to happen to me quite frequently and it is kind of annoying. After a correction I will pull the car out in the sun and it looks like their are slight buffer trails all over the car. Both times this happened I was correcting with a DA so I know their not actually holograms. One car that had them went away after a wash weeks later. Which leads me to believe its polish residue.

After I see them I wipe the area with more IPA or OPC 3:1, and even Erasor but they're still there. They only go away later on after the wash.. My question is, during a correction I wait till the end of each polishing step to IPA. Should I be doing that after each panel?

Feed back please

I was looking at picking up some as well, but I still have a gallon of 205 to use up along with other Meguirs, Optimum, and Menzerna polishes.

This seems to happen to me quite frequently and it is kind of annoying. After a correction I will pull the car out in the sun and it looks like their are slight buffer trails all over the car. Both times this happened I was correcting with a DA so I know their not actually holograms. One car that had them went away after a wash weeks later. Which leads me to believe its polish residue.

After I see them I wipe the area with more IPA or OPC 3:1, and even Erasor but they're still there. They only go away later on after the wash.. My question is, during a correction I wait till the end of each polishing step to IPA. Should I be doing that after each panel?

Feed back please
What kind of paint were they. I havve had problems with D300 on a 2000 Lexus but I applied Eraser immediately after compounding and no mo residue.

The first one was a 1997 BMW M3, and most recently a black G8 GT. The pontiac had soft clear if that makes a difference.

Back