PDA

View Full Version : wet ice over fire

mwtaco
11-28-2011, 10:54 PM
i just cant figure this one out...

why is it named wet ice (BFWD) over fire (BFMS) when you put the fire on top of (over) the wet ice?

am i interpreting this incorrectly?

toycar18
11-28-2011, 10:56 PM
It is Black Fire Wet Diamond.

That is what your vehicle will look like after you use it

tw33k2514
11-28-2011, 11:00 PM
He is referring to this.

BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Kit, detailing kit, car care kit (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-wet-ice-over-fire-kit.html)

And I do not know why it is called that. You actually make a good point...

2old2change
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
That is the nickname given to it back when Proper Auto Care sold the Blackfire line and ran the "TruthInDetailing" forum. It was the idea of using Blackfire Wet Diamond (ice) and topping with Blackfire MidniteSun (fire). Fire over Ice,

mwtaco
11-28-2011, 11:35 PM
That is the nickname given to it back when Proper Auto Care sold the Blackfire line and ran the "TruthInDetailing" forum. It was the idea of using Blackfire Wet Diamond (ice) and topping with Blackfire MidniteSun (fire). Fire over Ice,

i realize that
wet ice = BFWD
and
fire = BFMS
you first apply the wet ice (BFWD sealant) and then you top/apply "over" it BFMS.

that would be "Fire over Wet Ice"
but the term is "Wet Ice over Fire" which leads one to incorrectly infer you put the sealant over/on top of the wax.

2old2change
11-28-2011, 11:58 PM
If my memory is correct (I'm awful old). The original saying was "Fire over Ice". Looks like its been twisted about a little.

zmanz
11-29-2011, 12:02 AM
my guess would be it morphed to what it is because the wet ice description catches more of the desirable outcome.
I don't often hear people say "your car is so shiny it looks like it is on fire" but wet is used (too) often.

Kinalyx
11-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Im assuming theyre referring to the shine. Put an icecube over a fire, it melts nice & slow(depending on the distance from the fire) and looks CRAZY shiney and wet.

Wet ice over fire

Shawn

courtdale
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Either way, it happens this week. Can't wait!

2old2change
11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=Kinalyx;578328]Im assuming theyre referring to the shine. Put an icecube over a fire, it melts nice & slow(depending on the distance from the fire) and looks CRAZY shiney and wet.

Except the ice is a reference to Diamonds which some people refer to as ICE.

mwtaco
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Im assuming theyre referring to the shine. Put an icecube over a fire, it melts nice & slow(depending on the distance from the fire) and looks CRAZY shiney and wet.

Wet ice over fire

Shawn

I like this interpretation.