Cant remove 845!

Sunshyne

Reaction score
OK I am a liar but I am definitely having issues removing 845 off my hood. I washed today with Dawn it didn't really do anything to it.

Anyone have any recommendations to remove wax off a surface? Is the Griots Pre-Wax cleaner something I can try?

thanks in advance

Go to autozone Walmart national auto etc. and pick up some klean strip prep all ..rustoleum has a prep solution too. Haven't tried it.

I use klean strip after all my dawn washes. (well after claying and polishing)

Spray with APC agitate with wash mitt, rinse off. That should do the trick. If not, Griot's Paint Prep would be the correct product. Their Pre-Wax cleaner is used to remove polishing oils.

Just re-apply the wax with the D/A and wipe it off shortly after. This should remove the dried on residue.

Just re-apply the wax with the D/A and wipe it off shortly after. This should remove the dried on residue.

I think the OP wants to strip 845 off the surface. At the first glance I thought he was having trouble removing the residue as well.

apologies gents, to make it clear I am trying to strip not remove residue.

apologies gents, to make it clear I am trying to strip not remove residue.

1. Klean Strip Prep All
  2. Griot's Garage Paint Prep
  3. Four Star Ultimate PreWax Cleanser
  4. SONAX Premium Class Paint Cleaner
  5. Collinite Sapphire PreWax Cleaner

Unless it's old Dawn won't strip it and kill the beading-it's too tough. I find it takes a couple of APC washes to make a dent in Collinite. I prefer Optimum Power Clean.

A poster on here recently said 845 can't survive a touch less auto wash. Might want to give that a shot if one is nearby.

And THIS thread is why I use 845, great stuff.

Gonna take some APC probably. And clay, and maybe a paint cleaner or polish.

griots paint prep ate right through layers of all sorts of stuff on my truck the other day haven't tried it on 845 yet though.

1. Klean Strip Prep All
  2. Griot's Garage Paint Prep
  3. Four Star Ultimate PreWax Cleanser
  4. SONAX Premium Class Paint Cleaner
  5. Collinite Sapphire PreWax Cleaner

nice list, info noted. thanks

Go to autozone Walmart national auto etc. and pick up some klean strip prep all ..rustoleum has a prep solution too. Haven't tried it.

I use klean strip after all my dawn washes. (well after claying and polishing)

awesome! Think there is some locally available, will try

A poster on here recently said 845 can't survive a touch less auto wash. Might want to give that a shot if one is nearby.

last resort there are like 14,657 here in the area

And THIS thread is why I use 845, great stuff.

Gonna take some APC probably. And clay, and maybe a paint cleaner or polish.

I LOVE 845. I'm convinced it has Unicorn tears or some other magical stuff on it

thanks! whats the dwell time before I wash it off?

A chemical polish is your best method if you are willing to go that route. I certainly don't see how a touchless wash will even touch it IME. Prep-sol or a similar product is your second best option. Of course if you are mechanicallly polishing, it will be removed by that method as well.

Im going to assume that this isnt the case...at least not the touchless i use. I went thru the touchless car wash saturday as it was raining, and i had a family of birds crap on my car while in a parking lot. My car is still beading like crazy, and thats with WG DGPS, which as far as i know, is much less resiliant than 845. This weekend im going to wash, strip, apply WG DGPS and Fuzion from a clean state. Ill be using the Klean Strip as well.

Shawn

i used it today on my dad's truck and i was razor thin with it. it almost seems you dont put enough on but i followed the advice of you guys and put very little on. came off like a breeze.

make sure to do it on a sunny day.
when it starts to rain, it will be hard to remove.

Back