Limescale problem...

sulla

Reaction score
I have a problem with limescale build up after hundreds of washes with very hard water...White limescale build up around mouldings etc what do you reckon is the best solution to this problem ? Many suggestion come to HF diluted 1:1 but I'd really like a second opinion before using such a dangerous chemical to work with... It's sort of like this but not this severe

limescale-fallout.jpg

HF..
Do you mean Hydrofluoric acid?
If your ans is yes thats one of the most corrosive acids I DO NOT RECOMMEND you to use it.
HF will eat away glass like crazy.

Lime is calcium carbonate CaCO3 and will react with acid.
May I suggest a strong dilution of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss? You may add some white vinegar to make it even more acidic while still safe to human body if CG CWG aint touching it.

The product that I use to remove limescale is CLR, commonly available at most stores.

I have never used it on an automobile, only on shower heads and faucets. Also pressure cookers and coffee makers. Works great on those kinds of things. But if you do buy a bottle and want to use it on an automotive finish try it on an inconspicuous place first.

What I found that works better then CLR is Lime Away from Lowes. If my car looked like that I would use GLOVES and Natural sponge with diluted Lime Away and do a test spot first. Make sure you rinse real good. I use it in the shower including glass. It's like wipe on -wipe off.

I have a problem with limescale build up after hundreds of washes with very hard water...White limescale build up around mouldings etc what do you reckon is the best solution to this problem ? Many suggestion come to HF diluted 1:1 but I'd really like a second opinion before using such a dangerous chemical to work with... It's sort of like this but not this severe

limescale-fallout.jpg

More then likely after you remove the limescale, your going to have etchings that match that exact pattern if its sat on there any length of time

Back