Recommendations for removing acid rain spots

r_egan

Oct 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I recently purchased a Flex 3401 along with the Pinnacle swirl remover kit to remove the swirls and acid rain spots on my metallic black BMW 1 series. The Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover did a great job removing the swirls in my paint but did not work on the acid rain spots on the hood, roof and trunk.

What do I need to try as a next step to remove the spots? A more aggressive pad (I used the CCS orange light cutting pad) along with a compound? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Meg's 105 and your ccs orange pad should cut it. Did you try a water spot remover?
I recently purchased a Flex 3401 along with the Pinnacle swirl remover kit to remove the swirls and acid rain spots on my metallic black BMW 1 series. The Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover did a great job removing the swirls in my paint but did not work on the acid rain spots on the hood, roof and trunk.

What do I need to try as a next step to remove the spots? A more aggressive pad (I used the CCS orange light cutting pad) along with a compound? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I ran the Flex at 5 making 6 slow passes. I didn't try a water spot remover because it looks like the spots are etched in the clear. Will a spot remover help?

I ran the Flex at 5 making 6 slow passes. I didn't try a water spot remover because it looks like the spots are etched in the clear. Will a spot remover help?

I would pick up some M105. It has more cut than Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover. If M105 does remove them, wet sanding may be your only option.

I assume M105 followed by M205 then a wax? Would you use the M105 with an orange pad on 5 and the M205 with a white pad at 4?

I assume M105 followed by M205 then a wax? Would you use the M105 with an orange pad on 5 and the M205 with a white pad at 4?

Yes M105 on an orange pad at 5-6. Then depending on how well M105 finished, you can either go to M205 with a white pad to remove either hazing/micro marring left behind or use a black pad with M205 if little finishing is needed. Use M205 on speed 4.