Spots on Glass After Polishing

Jaddie

Reaction score
Dear Friends

I just used CeriGlass/Lake Country Glass Polishing Pad/Griot's 6" DA on my wife's windshield to remove wiper trails. I got rid of the trails, but there are some little white specks or flecks that won't come out.

I used Eraser and an Elastrofoam block in trying to scrub the little spots away, but they won't budge. Here are some examples:

beckys_car_2012-01-17-1710.jpg

Is there a way to remove those specks from the windshield, or should I leave well enough alone?

I have some glass-cutting pads, too, but have never used those.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Those are rock chips that are probably now filled in with polish residue. I always say those kinds of windshield defects are too deep to remove, but there is a contingent here that doesn't agree with me, so there may be hope.

Dear Setec

Thank you very much for responding.

Is there a way to remove the residue?

These are chips indeed. I polished the glass on my car not too long ago with CeriGlass and a glass polishing pad and I figured when I was polishing on the glass it broke loose the glass that had been hit with rocks previously. Nothing you can really do about it.

Those are rock chips that are probably now filled in with polish residue. I always say those kinds of windshield defects are too deep to remove, but there is a contingent here that doesn't agree with me, so there may be hope.

:iagree:

Yeah I just polished my windshield with DP High Performance Glass Restorer and now the small rock chips and pinhole's are more noticeable. It sucks!!!

I would try isopropyl alcohol or Optimum Power Clean if you have it.

I agree with Richard....:props:

Like others have said it's more then likely small chips have become filled with residue. One of the above should prove successful however you might also use a toothbrush to scrub and dislodge the debris and possibly some compressed air.

Dear Ryan, Alex, Richard, & Bobby

Thanks a bunch for responding.

Those are some good ideas that I'll try tomorrow. The toothbrush might just be the ticket. I used Eraser but didn't try working it into the spots with a toothbrush.

Thanks again for responding.

Dear Ryan, Alex, Richard, & Bobby

Thanks a bunch for responding.

Those are some good ideas that I'll try tomorrow. The toothbrush might just be the ticket. I used Eraser but didn't try working it into the spots with a toothbrush.

Thanks again for responding.

Jaddie,

You're welcome and glad to be part of a solution...:props:

Clay followed by a good pressure washing will take care of it.

Back