View Full Version : Lesson Learned

monito
01-17-2012, 10:44 PM
I spent the weekend on my car:
1. washed
2. removed swirls
3. polished
4. paint sealed
After I sealed the car with DP, I had something that came up and had to move the car outside the garage at around 2:00 am. BAD!!!!

My friend noticed that my car was full of dew spots... :mad:

I had the do all the steps above on top of the car again :bash:

Lesson learned, never leave your car outside at any time at night after appling paint sealant. The DP bottle doesn't mention 12 hours cure time, but someone mentioned it here.

Pat

CAMAROZL1
01-17-2012, 11:13 PM
sorry to hear man, just out of curiosity did you clay bar as well?

kronos
01-17-2012, 11:27 PM
My friend noticed that my car was full of dew spots... :mad:

I had the do all the steps above on top of the car again :bash:

Lesson learned, never leave your car outside at any time at night after appling paint sealant. The DP bottle doesn't mention 12 hours cure time, but someone mentioned it here.

Maybe the dew would have reduced the longevity of the sealant, but like Mike says, he's never awoken to find a pool of sealant around a car the following morning (or something like that!). My point is you didn't need to redo all the steps. You only needed to reapply the sealant after your next wash.

monito
01-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Maybe the dew would have reduced the longevity of the sealant, but like Mike says, he's never awoken to find a pool of sealant around a car the following morning (or something like that!). My point is you didn't need to redo all the steps. You only needed to reapply the sealant after your next wash.
I tell you what I did in a test area.

I tried one at a time in back order.

Washed
re-applied sealant - did nothing
Clayed - did nothing
polished - did nothing
Swirls remover - worked

Thanks,

Pat

monito
01-18-2012, 07:53 AM
sorry to hear man, just out of curiosity did you clay bar as well?
Yes, and it did nothing

pat