Rinse after using APC on interior dash and carpets?

davidc11291

Reaction score
I've got some Meg's APC Plus that I'm going to start using to clean interior plastics and vinyls like dashboards, doors, etc... The instructions on the bottle say to rinse with water after using the APC. Is rinsing neccessary?

Also, I use the dollar store APC "LA's Totally Awesome" at a 5:1 ratio for scrubbing carpets. After I spray, scrub, then vacuum the carpets, should I go back and spray with straight water and vacuum again, in order to rinse the chemicals out of the carpet?

I've got some Meg's APC Plus that I'm going to start using to clean interior plastics and vinyls like dashboards, doors, etc... The instructions on the bottle say to rinse with water after using the APC. Is rinsing neccessary?

Also, I use the dollar store APC "LA's Totally Awesome" at a 5:1 ratio for scrubbing carpets. After I spray, scrub, then vacuum the carpets, should I go back and spray with straight water and vacuum again, in order to rinse the chemicals out of the carpet?

I believe you should do this in order to remove the residue of APC as well as the dirt which is still there.

I run over the plastics I have done with a slightly wet microfiber. APC drys very uneven in most cases. As for carpets, it is always a good idea to get all the shampoo out of the carpets. Leaving it in can actually make it easier to stain.

I run over the plastics I have done with a slightly wet microfiber. APC drys very uneven in most cases. As for carpets, it is always a good idea to get all the shampoo out of the carpets. Leaving it in can actually make it easier to stain.

:iagree: with this 100% :props:

So the pattern for carpets would be to vacuum up loose dirt, spray with APC mixture, scrub, vacuum, spray with straight water, then vacuum again?

It sucks having to vacuum 3 times.

So the pattern for carpets would be to vacuum up loose dirt, spray with APC mixture, scrub, vacuum, spray with straight water, then vacuum again?

It sucks having to vacuum 3 times.

Yeah pretty much, that's why I got my Mytee :) and were you the one not to long ago that mentioned 'LA's Totally Awesome' not to long ago? Because the same day I read that post I happened to go to the dollar store and I saw some so I picked it up. I haven't gotten a chance to try it but if that's what your used to I already know how much more you'll like Meguiar's APC. And I prefer the APC+ (orange) over the regular APC (green)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

To get all the "soap" residue out of most carpets I put plain water in my Bissell carpet cleaner and wash/rinse five times. I know that the soap is all out when the extracted water is no longer foaming.

To get all the "soap" residue out of most carpets I put plain water in my Bissell carpet cleaner and wash/rinse five times. I know that the soap is all out when the extracted water is no longer foaming.

Good tip with using water if have access to the shampoo cleaner. I will have to start doing this from now on

I would hate to clean carpets without a steam cleaner. Too much hard work and no where as near as effective.

From what I have been told the Optimum protectant has light cleaners in it. so if you were to use OPC to clean an interior, the protectant would serve as a cleaner to remove the residue.

Even if you don't use those products it is important to remove the residue before apply your dressing.

From what I have been told the Optimum protectant has light cleaners in it. so if you were to use OPC to clean an interior, the protectant would serve as a cleaner to remove the residue.

Even if you don't use those products it is important to remove the residue before apply your dressing.

I can confirm this using OPC as the APC.

Back