acrylic vs polymer sealants?

steveo3002

Reaction score
ive asked on other forums and not got a straight answer:o

can someone outline the differance between polymer and acrylic sealants? why would i chose one and not the other?

say if ive been using acrylic( i use klasse sg) can i put polymer over it without issues?(assuming its a non cleaner) or vice versa

can the two be used to gain the best of both worlds?

Feed back please

Acrylic are oil based and offer better durability, but are harder in application, giving you very sterile look.
Polymer water based sealant are easier in application, very close to carnauba look, but are not as durable.

You can top acrylic (AIO,LG) with polymers (WG, DG, Zaino).

sparkie said:
You can top acrylic (AIO,LG) with polymers (WG, DG, Zaino).

Absolutley, they also make a ACRYLIC/ POLYMER car wash products. very good, and slick/ protection......;)

polymers are a technology and can actually be used in some/all waxes and sealants. Poly (water based) or acrylic (silicone oil based) are the primary differences in makeup. Most polymer technology is however based on water soluble products (poly) or so I have been told.

steveo3002 said:
can you top polymers with acrylic?
Never tried it. Send Al-53 a pm, he might be able to help you out.

Can acrylic bond on top of a polymer sealant/wax....? Is acrylic just another type of polymer rite... so it must likely can be apply on top of any sealant/wax....?

This is an interesting topic, I don't know much about both Acrylic nor Polymer prdocts so just posting to keep up with it...:o

Hi supercharged, what does sterile look means...? I know about gloss, shine, plastic look. But how to imagine a sterile look..? Thank u kindly.

Bernard said:
Hi supercharged, what does sterile look means...? I know about gloss, shine, plastic look. But how to imagine a sterile look..? Thank u kindly.

Hard and cold.

Back