PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!

hoyt66
02-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I took my son back to college today. Its sunny in Detroit. Lets take the new Challenger. Ten minutes into the drive a rock from God knows where t's off my roof right above the

windshield. I mean you could hear the impact like someone hit that area with a hammer! You know the sound. I pulled over and found it wasn't as bad as it sounded but theres a

small deep nick right where it hit. No pic but thanks for letting me vent to a group that takes as much pride as myself in vehicle care.

tw33k2514
02-12-2012, 07:29 PM
That sucks man.

If the nick is sizable your insurance may cover it.

Shane731
02-12-2012, 07:39 PM
That sucks. Not cool when something happens to your new baby. :awman:

3M Windshield Repair Kit, 3M 08580, auto glass repair, windshield chip repair, glass chip repair (http://www.autogeek.net/3m-windshield-repair-kit.html)

alko
02-12-2012, 08:40 PM
UUUUGGHHHHH That sucks man. I'm sorry to hear this. If anyone can relate to the pains of damage to your baby is me LOL! Mine is going in the shop tomorrow to get fixed.

I hope you're able to fix her up as good as new again.

mamut
02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Ouch. Sorry to here, and I can relate as well. I was stuck at work doing overtime while crazy winds overturned garbage cans and made them fly into the passenger door and rear quarter of my Mini causing scratches and paint transfer :-(. As soon as it warms up I'll try touch paint and wetsanding. Ugh, so pissed.

5.4 Shelby
02-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Bummer. Thats why I dont drive mine this time of year. Too much poo on the roads.

Rix6
02-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I feel your pain. I've been there many times. First or second week after I bought my G37 new, I was driving it to the insurance agent's of all places, to add it to our policy. I was taking it easy, break-in miles yada yada, and car behind me was a little impatient. The highway changes from one to two lanes, and it turns out the road was just prepped for another layer of asphalt. Completely random, that section of road had been repaved only a couple years before! Anyways, the guy behind me, actually he was driving a Challenger, passes me, scoots back into my lane, and floors it. Rock#1 puts a chip in my windshield, several inches from the center towards the driver's side. Rock#2 chips the driver's side A-pillar. Arrrggg!

Lots of chips on bumper and hood in the 2.5 years since then. One of the latest sounds exactly like yours, a small, deep nick on the roof, just past the windshield, towards the driver's side. Sounded a lot worse than it was. Pissed me off because the roof was perfect before that. But really, I rarely notice that one. Just when I'm washing. It's the ones on my hood that piss me off the most. And the one on my fender, that if it had just hit a quarter-inch to the left would be on the hood. Hood's getting to where, shoot, I'm considering a respray in a couple of years. The fender would be perfect if not for that one I just described. Really wish I had film put on the front bumper, hood, fenders, and A-pillars when the car was new. I don't think I even knew about paint film when I first bought the car. It seems like the more we want our cars to stay perfect, the more vulnerable they are. Meanwhile the beaters stay perfectly nasty, but nasty from age, not impact. :rolleyes:

Spiney
02-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Sorry to hear it. Back in the 80's I had a brand new Saab 900. I driving down a 4 lane highway when asphalt roofing shingles start flying off a roofing contractor's truck in front of me. They have thousands of tiny rocks on them, like some kind of low grit sandpaper. One slides all the way across my hood and up my windshield. I chase the truck down to get a license number and name. I called the company and they act like what do you want us to do. I tell them the cars only 2 weeks old and read them the riot act. Well I must not have been the first person this happened to because they had a body shop that repainted the hood for me. It's a cruel world out there for nice cars and their owners. We are dent and scratch magnets.

hoyt66
02-13-2012, 05:52 AM
[QUOTE=Rix6;619468]I feel your pain. I've been there many times. First or second week after I bought my G37 new, I was driving it to the insurance agent's of all places, to add it to our policy. I was taking it easy, break-in miles yada yada, and car behind me was a little impatient. The highway changes from one to two lanes, and it turns out the road was just prepped for another layer of asphalt. Completely random, that section of road had been repaved only a couple years before! Anyways, the guy behind me, actually he was driving a Challenger, passes me, scoots back into my lane, and floors it. Rock#1 puts a chip in my windshield, several inches from the center towards the driver's side. Rock#2 chips the driver's side A-pillar. Arrrggg!

What an IDIOT!!! That stinks!! mine was an accident but to get a malicious one just isn't right!!!

Kaleb G.
02-13-2012, 08:17 AM
I can relate.. I had someone slam a rock off the roof of my truck and the door frame before throwing it through the passenger side window this Saturday.

Rhudeboye
02-13-2012, 08:35 AM
my insurance cover chips and small cracks for free and the company they use comes to you. Give your insurance Co. a ring.