Looking for a medium to high gloss water based tire dressing

Calibmw23

Reaction score
Hi-

Looking for some opinions on a medium to high gloss premium tire dressing. I had been using Sonax but it slings even after being on for 3 weeks. Any opinions would be great, thanks!

Most gels are higher in gloss but do tend to spit. Make sure tire is completely dry before application (especially in ribbing). Apply a thin coat and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Wipe off any excess with clean towel or wax applicator.

I personally like Poorboys Bold and Bright. I am just not sure it's water based...

I have some PERL to try but have not tried it yet.

I like DP gloss tire gel
:iagree:

You can really tailor the look with this. 2 coats 30 minutes apart produces a lot of shine or 1 coat and buff a little with a towel leaves a satin just real clean tire look. Always let it dry 30 minutes before driving, I have never ever had it sling or run.

102_0333.jpg

DP Gloss Tire Gel...1 coat no buff

No votes yet for Megs Hyper Dressing?
This weekend I also found that Megs Water Based becomes a mirror if you spray and don't wipe off.

No votes yet for Megs Hyper Dressing?
This weekend I also found that Megs Water Based becomes a mirror if you spray and don't wipe off.

I did an interior with Megs WBD at full strength and boy did it darken, enrich and give a high gloss. I wanted to see what it looked like at full strength. Believe it or not many people like the look of it.

Hi-

Looking for some opinions on a medium to high gloss premium tire dressing. I had been using Sonax but it slings even after being on for 3 weeks. Any opinions would be great, thanks!

Why do you want water based for the tires?

BTW Adams Super VRT is also a good choice.

Malco Aquabead is what i use here everyday at work. I have used many different tire dressings over the years. So far it has been the longest lasting, most durable tire dressing that I have ever used.

Back