PDA

View Full Version : Gloss comparison OCW vs Wolgang Fuzion

kingjohn21
02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
I really like both products but have never really compared them on the same car. I hand washed and clayed my hood, taped down the middle and applied both products on opposite sides. Two coats of each were applied and after buffing with a cobra towel it wasn't close. OCW really brought out the color. Now would you expect that or is it possible I didn't apply the Fuzion properly? Again I applied the Fuzion by hand. Thanks for any replies and advice

Dr Oldz
02-22-2012, 07:47 PM
:postpics:

Waxmax
02-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Not a fan of the TPIWWP. Pics may not show anything other than a nice shine.

FUNX650
02-22-2012, 10:04 PM
I really like both products but have never really compared them on the same car. I hand washed and clayed my hood, taped down the middle and applied both products on opposite sides. Two coats of each were applied and after buffing with a cobra towel it wasn't close. OCW really brought out the color. Now would you expect that or is it possible I didn't apply the Fuzion properly? Again I applied the Fuzion by hand. Thanks for any replies and advice

Help me out here OP, if you don't mind. Thanks.

-I believe your thread topic was about gloss comparison.
-Then you state OCW bringing out the color
-Do you then consider gloss/bringing-out-the-color as being the same?

Your other concern: IMO...It would be difficult to apply Fusion improperly

:)

Bob

kingjohn21
02-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Help me out here OP, if you don't mind. Thanks.

-I believe your thread topic was about gloss comparison.
-Then you state OCW bringing out the color
-Do you then consider gloss/bringing-out-the-color as being the same?

Your other concern: IMO...It would be difficult to apply Fusion improperly

Bob

Thanks for pointing that out it should be color comparison. The color was much deeper and darker with the OCW.

Vegas Transplant
02-22-2012, 10:31 PM
To the heirophant- to perplex and befuddle...

I really like both products... OCW really brought out the color. Now would you expect that or is it possible I didn't apply the Fuzion properly? Again I applied the Fuzion by hand. Thanks for any replies and advice

Thank you for this brilliant observation. Keep up the good work hand.

FUNX650
02-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Thanks for pointing that out it should be color comparison. The color was much deeper and darker with the OCW.

Thanks for your response, and clarification.

Perhaps the difference of color you are observing is related to Optimum Car Wax being a:
-Spray wax...That's been,
-Reformulated (is stated to also contain UVA/UVB absorbers)

Dr. G's products' are never static...Improvements/reformulations are the norm, not the exception!

Bob

kingjohn21
02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks for your response, and clarification.

Perhaps the difference of color you are observing is related to Optimum Car Wax being a:
-Spray wax...That's been,
-Reformulated (is stated to also contain UVA/UVB absorbers)

Dr. G's products' are never static...Improvements/reformulations are the norm, not the exception!

Bob

Gotcha,thanks for the response. Both are great products. The most amazing thing was it didn't take much longer to apply the Fuzion than the spray on. Gloss was a tad better with the Fuzion and I know it will last longer. Thanks again

kingjohn21
02-22-2012, 10:55 PM
To the heirophant- to perplex and befuddle...

Thank you for this brilliant observation. Keep up the good work hand.

??????????

Vegas Transplant
02-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks for any replies and advice

Since I, for one, do not perform any side by side comparisons, nor do I not purchase any high end beauty waxes, I was merely thanking you and encouraging you in your detailed observation.

??????????

Who knows ? Thank you again.

FUNX650
02-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Gotcha,thanks for the response. Both are great products. The most amazing thing was it didn't take much longer to apply the Fuzion than the spray on. Gloss was a tad better with the Fuzion and I know it will last longer. Thanks again

I like Gloss. The more mirror-like the merrier, for me, my good man.

Bob

Rix6
02-22-2012, 11:45 PM
You got your money's worth with one but not the other? :dunno:

(In which case, please mail your Fuzion to me for proper disposal :D)

kingjohn21
02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
You got your money's worth with one but not the other? :dunno:

(In which case, please mail your Fuzion to me for proper disposal :D)

LOL, Naw i cant do that, I love this stuff and wouldnt suggest another paste wax. I was just amazed at OCW more than anything

kingjohn21
02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
To add to my color comparison. After a day, and of course some rain. There is no difference. Its possible that OCW either gives off an initial deeper color, or Fuzion takes a little time. Still both are awesome products and sorry no pics.